About Me

My photo
Freelance Make Up Artist and Stylist who shuttles between New York, Italy and Dubai, Anna has been in the Make Up industry since 1996. She trained under Mario Dedivanovic and Scott Barnes in NYC and has a certificate for Hairstyling from Cinema Make Up School A true lover of all the elements of Fashion, she studied Fashion Design and Styling at the prestigious Istituto Europeo Di Design in Milan, Italy.

Friday, December 16, 2016

MY WEEKEND SKINCARE ROUTINE


"Take good care of your skin, "is the 1st advice that I give to anybody who asks me about Make Up. It may not seem related at first but trust me when I say that you will agree with me after reading this blog entry. Make Up is fun but when you wipe it all off, your bare face is all that you are left with and you have to be able to sashay confidently with or without Make Up. Having said that, I thought I'd share my Weekend Skincare Routine with all of you. Since my job requires that I look put together all the time, wearing Make Up has become an integral part of my day and if you do this 3 to 4 days in a week, I strongly suggest that you indulge in a Deep Cleansing Weekly Skincare Routine. Doing this weekly will keep your skin in tip top shape and prevent break outs.

MY HOLY GRAIL SKIN CARE PRODUCTS
I have tried and tested so many facial cleansers, scrubs and masks but I always end up going back to these three products. 
GLAMGLOW SUPERCLEANSE DAILY CLEARING CLEANSER
This is perfect because it rids your skin of oil but gentle enough to be used daily. I have come across "super cleansing" facial washes that leaves my skin too dry. Our skin is very smart. The moment that it realises that you don't have enough oil, it automatically produces more oil, thus making your skin oiler.
(yup, used oily several times! lol!!!!)



VICHY NORMADERM 3 IN 1
I love this product from Vichy because it is a money saver. You can use it as a cleanser, scrub and mask.


CAUDALIE' S INSTANT DETOX MASK
This mask looks like Calamine lotion when applied but it is so good! It has a tightening effect and my skin looks brighter after using it. It also claims to minimize pores but I can't really vouch for that as 

MORE FACIAL MASKS 
There are a few more face masks that I turn to depending on how my skin was behaving that week. 

FACIAL MASKS FOR DRY SKIN
When my skin needs a little more moisture, I turn to GlamGlow's Thirstymud Hydrating Treatment. This smells divine and it leaves your skin supple and soft. I prefer leaving this mask overnight as opposed to just applying it and leaving it on for 15 - 20 minutes.

Caudalie's Moisturizing Mask is another one that I use when my skin needs more moisture.

DEEP CLEANSING MASKS
GlamGlow's Powermud DualCleanse Treatment is a mask/facial cleanser in one. This leaves my skin feeling and looking cleaner without the drying effects of a deep cleansing mask because it turns into oil when mixed with water. It is strange but true! 

Caudalie's Glycolic Peel Mask is another Go to Mask for when my skin looks dull and requires some brightening 


Welcome to my Bathroom!😀

At Home Facial Treatments are easy! All you need is a bowl of hot water, your favorite facial cleanser, facial scrub and facial mask of your choice.

My Go to At Home Facial Products

Let us start with cleaning the face, shall we?

My Holy Grail Facial Scrub. 💖

Face is Clean and ready for my Facial Mask. 😀

Calamine? Nope. LOL!

After your Weekend At Home Facial Ceremony is done, don't forget to tone your skin to close the pores, apply your favorite serum and/or moisturizer and get your beauty sleep.

Develop a Skin Care routine early and be diligent. A skin care product takes about 3 months of religious application before you see results. I always say that when you love your skin, it will love you ten times over. 

I hope that you guys learned something from my Weekend Skin Care Routine and that you try some of the products that I have mentioned 💖

No comments: