About Me

My photo
Freelance Make Up Artist and Stylist who shuttles between New York, Italy and Dubai, Anna has been in the Make Up industry since 1996. She trained under Mario Dedivanovic and Scott Barnes in NYC and has a certificate for Hairstyling from Cinema Make Up School A true lover of all the elements of Fashion, she studied Fashion Design and Styling at the prestigious Istituto Europeo Di Design in Milan, Italy.

Saturday, December 17, 2016

HOLIDAY GLAM: THE VICTORIA'S SECRET ANGEL LOOK

Hello My Loves!!! I know that it has been a long time since I posted a Make Up Look and what better way to kick off the Holiday Glam Series than to feature the Gorgeous and Sexy Make Up of the Victoria's Secret Angels 💖

The Victoria's Secret Angel always looks divine, but not so put together as she has that perpetually tousled, Vavavoom Hair. Her eyes are smoldering but no cut creases and false lashes. Her skin glows as if she just got back from an invigorating holiday.  I will call this "Wish I woke up like this look" as much as I would call this the Victoria's Secret Angel Look. Read to find out how I created this. 😊

I think the Victoria's Secret Angels look is all about the skin. Looking at loads of visuals from the 2016 Fashion Show, it seemed as is they were not wearing much foundation. There isn't heavy contouring either. I don't think that baking was used either. In a nutshell, none of the "Instagram" beauty trends were used .

The most important step to creating a Flawless Base is to start with a clean and moisturized face. Clean, Scrub, Tone and Moisturize. There is nothing worse than flaky skin clinging onto your foundation.

To achieve a Flawless Base, I used Urban Decay's Naked Skin Foundation. This offers a skin like finish and because of the consistency, you can layer this foundation without looking cakey. I dotted my skin with the foundation and buffed it with my Artist Brush Dup.

I used this Pro Concealer to cover my under eye circles, the redness around the nose and some discoloration on the sides of the mouth. Important note, I didn't use use the concealer to "highlight" my face. Since the concealer is pretty thick in consistency, I used my ring finger to apply it. The warmth of my finger will break down the product making it easier to blend and melt onto the skin. After I applied it, I simply pressed it with the Artist Brush Dup to lock it in.

For the Sun Kissed Look, there is only one product for me, Chanel's Soleil Tan de Chanel. I used the Woman by Anna Stippling Brush to work the product into the skin. For creams and liquids to not simply sit on the skin, it has to be worked onto skin buy gently buffing the product and this brush is perfect for that job. I applied the Bronzer on the high points of my face.

Looking Lit from within is easy peasy with Becca's Shimmering Skin Perfector in Opal. I didn't  use a brush for this but my ring finger again. I apple this on my cheek plane all the way up to my cheekbones, the tip of the nose, a little on the Cupid's bow.

To set my base, I buffed Maybelline's FIT ME powder with my Everyday Minerals Kabuki Brush.

My brow routine isn't Rocket Science. It is very easy and I have used the same brow pencil for more than 2 years! LOL!! What can I say? I love Ben Nye's Eyebrow Pencil. The video above will show you my preferred method of filing in my brows.

As previously mentioned, The VS Angel has smoldering, come hither eyes. There were no cut creases, if they applied false lashes, I can be very sure that they are individuals or just for the outer corners to lift the eye. No heavy liner but the Feline Flick was there.

To recreate the VS Angel Look I used my VISEART Eye Palette in Cashmere. I love this Palette!!! Aside from the fact that it so small, the colors are spot on! You can use this to fill in your brows too. The pigmentation of this product is beyond compare and glides on like no other eyeshadow that I have tried. Having said that, this palette is not cheap, it is AED 250 but I think that it is totally worth its price tag.

With the Woman by Anna Flat Shadow Brush I applied the middle shimmer shade on the my lid. With the tip of the same brush I applied the top shimmer shade on my tear ducts. I applied the middle matte shade on my crease with the white Woman by Anna Goat Hair brush and used a back and forth motion to blend the shadow. Using the same brush, I applied the bottom matte shade on the outer V to create more depth. Using the Flat Shadow Brush again, I applied the top matte shade on my brow bone and a teeny tiny bit of the top shimmer shadow on the highest point of the brow bone

For the Feline Flick, I used my Make Up Forever Aqua Liner in 13. For the Lower Lash Line. I used the Straight Synthetic Brush dipped in the middle matte shade to smudge the lower lash line. With the same brush dipped on the bottom matte shade, I smudged the outer corners to meet the Feline Flick.

To make the eyes smolder but not smokey, I lined the outer half of my water line with Make Up Forever's  Artist Liner in Black and lined the rest with MAC's Chromographic Pencil in NW25/NC30.

Lastly, I applied my favorite mascara, Maybelline's One by One Volume Express on my top and bottom lashes. To make the eyes look more Feline, instead of an upwards motion, I applied the mascara with a sideways motion. If you wish to apply another coat of mascara, make sure to comb through while it is still wet then re apply.


I kept the lips Nude and Glossy. With recent popularity of Liquid Lippies, I have completely forgotten as to how lovely MAC's Lipstick in Siss is. I paired it with Kylie Cosmetics' Lipliner in Maliboo. It is a tad darker than the lipstick, so I blended the lipliner towards the center before applying the lipstick.

There you have it, my loves. I really hope that you like the 1st look in our Holiday Glam Edition. There will be 3 more looks before we hit New Year's Eve! 💝💝

As always, I hope  that you are all having a great day/evening and I will talk to you guys very soon!

Love and Light,
A

No comments: