About Me

My photo
Freelance Make Up Artist and Stylist who shuttles between New York, Italy and Dubai, Anna has been in the Make Up industry since 1996. She trained under Mario Dedivanovic and Scott Barnes in NYC and has a certificate for Hairstyling from Cinema Make Up School A true lover of all the elements of Fashion, she studied Fashion Design and Styling at the prestigious Istituto Europeo Di Design in Milan, Italy.

Friday, December 30, 2016

GORGEOUS HOLIDAY LOOKS

Hi there my lovelies! I hope that you are all having an amazing Holiday Season! As promised, here is the 2nd installment of the Holiday Glam Edition for my blog. I didn't have enough time to create 3 different looks, but on this post I will show you how to take a basic look up two Glam notches. I was also supposed to include a video but I accidentally deleted them. lol!!!!

If you want to see how I created these 3 looks, please read on. 😊


As always, we start with a clean, toned and moisturized skin. I love Cetaphil's Moisturizing Cream because it is very emollient and does not have SPF. Moisturizers without SPF is perfect for when you are going to be photographed using flash. The Titanium Oxide in SPF gives the white flashback making your face look whiter than the rest of your body.

Let the moisturizer sit in for a good 5 to 10 seconds or even more so that your foundation doesn't slip and slide when you apply it. If you wish to apply a Face primer, do so. I don't apply primer on my entire face, but just on areas where I think I am oily. I used L'Oreal's Nude Magique Blur Cream. 

Another thing that I love doing as a Pre Make Up Application routine is moisturizing my lips so by the time you apply your lipstick, whether it is cream, matte of liquid lipstick, it is plump and not flaky.


I absolutely love Urban Decay's Naked Skin Foundation. The finish is so skin like and you can layer it if you like a fuller coverage. I, however, like it as skin like as possible, most especially since I will be using a highly pigmented concealer like Kevyn Aucoin's Sensual Skin Enhancer. You only need a pin drop size to conceal your dark circles, redness around the nose and the discoloration on the sides of the mouth. I hardly ever bake, only when I know that I will be attending an event that will require me to stay up later than usual. For that I turn to my Ben Nye Banana Powder applied with a damp Beauty Blender.

Before setting my face with Maybelline's Fit Me Powder, I tried NYX's Cream Contour Kit and boy,  it is stiff as a board! lol! I literally had to dig my brush in to get some product. I used a Sigma brush to apply it on the hollows of my cheeks. And because of the consistency, I decided to use my ring finger to blend it. I figured that the warmth of it will break down the product, making it easier to blend. 

Now that you are done with all the liquids and creams, you can now set your face. As previously mentioned, I used Maybelline's Fit Me Powder. I wanted a very healthy, bronzy glow since we can get a little pasty over the Holiday Season and for powder Bronzers, I only turn to NARS' Laguna. To complement the Sun kissed look, I applied Charlotte Tilbury's Bar of Gold on my cheekbones, tip of my nose, a little on the cheek plane as well.

For the brows, it is my Go to Brow Pencil from Ben Nye in Medium Brown to outline the shape that I want. To make it look more natural, I used my Senna Brow Palette with an angled brush. To keep the brows in place, I used a clear mascara from Deborah.

This is the Basic Eye that I came up with and you will see that just by adding a liner and changing the lip color, you can transform this look. It is very versatile. 😊

I primed my eye area and lower lash line with MAC's Painterly Paint Pot. Using my Woman by Anna Flat Shader brush sprayed with Fix Plus I applied MAC's Reflects in Bronze on my lid. With my Blending Brush (White Goat Hair) dipped in Raw Sienna from ABH's Modern Renaissance Palette, i defined my crease. With the Eye Contour Brush and ABH's Cyprus Umber, i deepened the outer V. These 2 shades were smudged on my lower lash line using my angled brush. For the Browbone, I used the other side of my flat shader brush with ABH's Vermeer. For the 1st look, I tight lined with Make Up Forever's Khol Pencil in 1K. And for Full Fat Lashes, there can only be Maybelline's Volum Express One by One Mascara.

Who doesn't love a Nude Glossy Lip? My favorite lip combo starts with MAC Cosmestics Lipliner in Whirl followed by Siss Lipstick and topped with NYX' Lip Gloss in Sugar Pie. 

Et Voila! I think that even with the Bronze Reflects, this look is still very wearable. What do you guys think?

To up the ante of this look, all you need is Make Up Forever's Aqua Liner in Black to create the Feline Flick. To smoke up up the eye look, I lined my waterline with Make Up Forever's Khol Pencil in Black 

To vamp up the look, reminiscent of the 90's Supermodels, I chose Urban Decay Cosmetics' Vice Lipstick in 1993. This formulation is just DIVINE! It is Comfort Matte, so the pigmentation is A1 but it feels like a Cream lipstick. This is a must buy, guys. :)

Urban Decay Cosmetics' Vice Lipstick in 1993 (Comfort Matte Finish)

Gorgeous Glam Look 2 done 💕

Is there anything more glamorous that a Wine-y lip color for the Holiday Season? I love MAC's Dubonnet Lipstick because there is a slight shimmer to it, non drying and the color reminds me of Old Hollywood.

MAC Cosmetics' Lipstick in Dubonnet (Amplified Formulation)

Golden Eyes and Red Lips is the quintessential Holiday Look in my eyes. How are you guys liking this look? 💖

I hope that you are all having an amazing time with your loved ones, my lovelies. May the spirit of this Holiday Season remain in our hearts all throughout the year! 

I will see you all soon for the last Make Up Look for this Holiday Glam Edition to wrap up 2016!

Love and Light,
A

No comments: