About Me

My photo
Freelance Make Up Artist and Stylist who shuttles between New York, Italy and Dubai, Anna has been in the Make Up industry since 1996. She trained under Mario Dedivanovic and Scott Barnes in NYC and has a certificate for Hairstyling from Cinema Make Up School A true lover of all the elements of Fashion, she studied Fashion Design and Styling at the prestigious Istituto Europeo Di Design in Milan, Italy.

Tuesday, November 22, 2016

FAIXA BRANCA: MY JIUJITSU JOURNEY

Yes, I have been Missing In Action but not without a good reason. :) Aside from being busy preparing for projects, I have also been busy on the mats and inside the octagon :) Yes, my loves, I am completely in love with Brazilian Jiujitsu, have also gone back to Boxing and Muaythai. 

Some people may call this their Fitness Routine, I would like to call it my Chosen Lifestyle. :) I embraced boxing in 2013 and got introduced to Muaythai in April of 2014. I have tried all forms of workouts in the book; Zumba, Crossfit and though I loved them all, I got bored after doing the same thing day in and day out. 

Boxing and Muaythai, to this day, ranks as the best way to condition your body, your Cardio, incomparable. Those jabs, cross, hooks and uppercuts will define your arms without having to lift weights and those roundhouses will give your pins that is both sexy and strong.

I think what brought about me embracing boxing and muaythai was my love for UFC. Watching the old fights and seeing most wins were via Brazilian Jiujitsu submissions made me rethink my path. Though I love my stand up and striking sports, I felt that I will never be able to fight. It became more of a sport to me than merely a fitness plan.

I started My Brazilian Jiujitsu Journey during Ramadhan of 2015. I had 3 classes with a Gi and 2 classes with No Gi. Unfortunately, my coach had to leave and I stopped training.

I think that the MMA and BJJ gods heard my pleas and fast forward to end of March 2016... UFC Gym Middle East Opened here in Dubai.

Training started... Day in and day out, I would come and train for 2 hours. 

14 July 2016, I earned my 1st stripe as a Faixa Branca. The journey doesn't stop here and I know that under my coaches, Prof Pimpolho and Rafael, I will be able to advance and compete in the near future!

OSS!

1ST STRIPE

BRAZILIAN JIUJITSU

 ROLLING TIME

 WITH OUR AMAZING COACH, PROF PIMPOLHO

TEAM FEMME FATALE

video
SPAR!

No comments: