About Me

My photo
Freelance Make Up Artist and Stylist who shuttles between New York, Italy and Dubai, Anna has been in the Make Up industry since 1996. She trained under Mario Dedivanovic and Scott Barnes in NYC and has a certificate for Hairstyling from Cinema Make Up School A true lover of all the elements of Fashion, she studied Fashion Design and Styling at the prestigious Istituto Europeo Di Design in Milan, Italy.

Monday, November 30, 2015

FOUNDATION REVIEW: ARMANI MAESTRO FOUNDATION


THE MAESTRO FOUNDATION FROM GIORGIO ARMANI
I AM IN THE SHADE 6 INCASE YOU GUYS ARE WONDERING

IS THE AED 320 PRICE TAG OF THE MAESTRO FOUNDATION FROM GIORGIO ARMANI REALLY WORTH IT? WHAT IS BEHIND THE HYPE?

1st CHECK IN WAS AT 1044AM
THE FOUNDATION LOOKS FRESH, THERE IS A GLOW NOT SHINE.

2nd CHECK IN WAS AT 1344
AFTER 3 HOURS AND NO TIME FOR POWDERING I STILL LOOK FRESH. AGAIN, THERE IS NO SHINE. PRODUCT HASNT SETTLED INTO AREAS WHERE IT WOULD NORMALLY SETTLE IN LIKE THE SIDES OF THE NOSE.

3rd CHECK IN WAS AT 2035
7 HOURS AFTER THE 2ND CHECK IN AND BUFFED OUT A SMALL AMOUNT OF POWDER, I CAN HONESTLY SAY THAT THE HYPE IS NOT JUST A HYPE.
MY SKIN LOOKED LIKE SKIN AND THERE IS LUMINOSITY.

LAST CHECK IN WAS AT 0034 :)
THE STEEP PRICE TAG OF AED 320, FOR ME, IS WORTH THE INVESTMENT. SO WORTH IT THAT WHEN MY 1ST BOTTLE BROKE, I WENT AND BOUGHT ONE IMMEDIATELY.

Let me start this Foundation Review by saying that although I absolutely adore this foundation, I will try my level best to be as objective as possible. So, without further a do, let's start the review. :)

Whenever I test a foundation for the 1st time, I never apply any primers or setting sprays. I like to see how the foundation behaves during the course of the day without the help of make up enhancing products like skin smoothening primers. Having said that, I do, however, never forget to apply moisturizer.

Let us start with the basics. A bottle of 30ml of product is priced at AED 320. Unlike other foundations that comes with a pump, this comes with a dropper, which in my opinion is better suited for the consistency because it is more liquidy than most foundations in the market. On the website they have  12 shades but when I visited the counter at Sephora in Dubai Mall they only had 9 shades. For fair skinned ladies they have shades 2, 3 and 4. For medium they have 4.5, 5, 5.5, 6.5, 7 and 8. For deep they have 10, 11.5 and 12.

INTIAL IMPRESSION
The consistency is more liquidy than most foundations, which is probably why it feels so light on the skin yet it covers. I cannot refute their claim that it ignited the skin's natural luminosity because it certainly ignited mine. I have dry skin and I moisturize before applying foundation and when I put 2 drops on the back of my hand my initial thought was, "I shouldn't have applied too much moisturizer.' 

But as I buffed the product into my skin, I realized that the liquidy consistency made it glide onto my skin like a dream, seamless! But being the critic that I am, I tried to hide my amazement. Told myself that we need to see how this product wears off during the day and to say that it settled in beautifully would be an understatement. 

METHOD OF APPLICATION
I have only tried applying this foundation with a synthetic kabuki brush and because it is liquidy (how many times do I need to write this? lol!!!) I feel that applying this with a beauty blender may not be the wisest thing to do as the product will seep into the sponge more as opposed to it being on your skin but I will try this as well and will update you :)

THE DOWNSIDE
Yes, there is a downside. The price may not be as 'friendly' as other foundations. I don't know if the dropper on mine was faulty but it wasn't dropping' any product at all.

It is heavy but not as heavy Chanel's Perfection Lumiere bottle. 

THE FINAL VERDICT.
The AED 320 price tag of this foundation, for me is worth it. The claims of this product is backed up by its performance. The consistency enables you to work this foundation into your skin like a dream. It's claim of being a complexion perfector instead of just being a foundation is appropriate. Because of the consistency, I believe that you can build this up without it looking and feeling cakey. This is for the woman who likes to sport the no make up make up look. I would  suggest this to women who have dry skin because of its ability to amp up your luminosity but for women who have oily skin you can still wear this and set it with powder. :)

Hope that this foundation review helped and do let me know your thoughts if you have tried this foundation already :)


No comments: