About Me

My photo
Freelance Make Up Artist and Stylist who shuttles between New York, Italy and Dubai, Anna has been in the Make Up industry since 1996. She trained under Mario Dedivanovic and Scott Barnes in NYC and has a certificate for Hairstyling from Cinema Make Up School A true lover of all the elements of Fashion, she studied Fashion Design and Styling at the prestigious Istituto Europeo Di Design in Milan, Italy.

Monday, October 19, 2015

THE GLAMAZON IN ME

Two Fridays go I was invited by one of the top glossies in Dubai to participate in a photoshoot. The nature of which I cannot disclose at the moment but I am so excited for the release of the issue! I can't wait to share it with all of you. :)

For the photoshoot I decided to go Full on Glam complete with my signature Vavavoom Hair! hehehe. I have listed all the products below and I hope that you all like it :)

I have a lot of Celebrity inspired Make Up looks coming up. Stay tuned everyone :)


THE GLAMAZON IN ME! RAWR!!! LOL!

FACE PREP
I always start with a well moisturized face. For this, I turn to my trusty Embryolisse Lait Creme Concentrate. I also make sure that my lips are well moistured for lipstick application and for this I only use my Nuxe Reve de Miel lip balm. I have this in my prokit as well because it applies matte and perfect for any lipstick consistency.

THE FLAWLESS BASE
I do not follow a strict methodology when it comes to make up application. There are occasions when I use a setting spray first. It really depends on my mood and my client. For this look though, I highlighted  (shade D406) and contoured (shade D13)  first using my Kryolan cream concealer and then stippled my Dior Air Flash Foundation (shade 300). Whenever I do face for photoshoots I try to bake a bit and no product does this better than  Ben Nye's Banana powder. I applied MAC's Warm Soul Blush on the apples of my cheeks and highlighted further with Kevyn Aucoin's Candlelight.




THE BROWS
I used my Ben Nye Eye Brow Pencil in Medium Brown and to set it, I used Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Gel in Brunette.

1st photo shows one brow finished.
2nd photo shows both brows done and the baking process taking place.

FOR MESMERIC EYES
I primed my eyes using MAC's paint pot in Painterly. I applied Naked from the Original Naked Palette from Urban Decay as a transition shade on my crease and blended. To intensify, I added Buck on the outer V and blended. I normally skip winged liners. For this look, I used MAC's Feline Eye pencil on the lash line and blended it. I also used the same pencil to tight line and on my waterline. I smudged my waterline with Darkhorse. I used my Kevyn Aucoin Last Curler and applied two coats of Rimmel Lash Accelerator Mascara. Before leaving for the photoshoot, I decided to apply individual lashes. I prefer this over strip lashes. It is more tedious but I feel that it makes for a more natural look :) 

FOR POUTY LIPS
I lined my lips with MAC's Spice Lipliner and filled it in with INGLOT's Lip Paint in 51 topped with MAC's Lip Glass in Viva Glam Gaga 2.


MY BEFORE AND AFTER :)


No comments: