About Me

My photo
Freelance Make Up Artist and Stylist who shuttles between New York, Italy and Dubai, Anna has been in the Make Up industry since 1996. She trained under Mario Dedivanovic and Scott Barnes in NYC and has a certificate for Hairstyling from Cinema Make Up School A true lover of all the elements of Fashion, she studied Fashion Design and Styling at the prestigious Istituto Europeo Di Design in Milan, Italy.

Tuesday, October 20, 2015

ALWAYS LEARNING… ALWAYS GROWING

I have always believed that every day is an opportunity to learn and hone your skills. And when that opportunity meant flying 13 hours, twice for that matter to my favorite city in the world, New York City, I simply had to take it.

My 1st trip to the Big Apple was in 2013, Autumn in New York, to meet and learn from Kim Kardashian's Make Up Artist, Mario Dedivanovic. It was the perfect backdrop to the city's changing leaves :) In that workshop he showed us how to re create the famous contouring and highlighting technique that Kim is so known for. 

What I love about Mario, aside from his talent, of course, was his humility. Reminded me so much of my idol, Kevyn Aucoin. :)

Aside from learning during the workshop, I also met so many lovely, budding make up artists like myself. :)

Here are some snaps from that trip :)

WITH CELEBRITY MAKE UP ARTIST, MARIO DEDIVANOVIC


CENTRAL PARK

AUTUMN IN NEW YORK

The second opportunity for me to learn from the best came in February 2014. I did date the city on Valentines day but it wasn't as romantic considering it was -13 when I arrived in JKF. But I braved the snow laden streets of New York and the face freezing wind to meet Jennifer Lopez' Make Up Artist, Scott Barnes. :)

He was exactly how I envisioned him, gorgeous, gregarious and his technique is like magic! 

What I noticed though from these two phenomenal Make Up Artists is the weight that they put on creating the flawless skin. This is something that I have also taken upon myself. I believe that the skin has to glow and look perfect in natural light just as it looks seamless in front of the camera.

Apart from the techniques that I have learned and have been using, what I will take with me wherever I go and all throughout my career is to always remind my clients exactly how I see them, BEAUTIFUL.


SCOTT AUTOGRAPHED MY BOOKS :)

WITH SCOTT BARNES AND MY COUSIN AS MY MODEL :)

No comments: