About Me

My photo
Freelance Make Up Artist and Stylist who shuttles between New York, Italy and Dubai, Anna has been in the Make Up industry since 1996. She trained under Mario Dedivanovic and Scott Barnes in NYC and has a certificate for Hairstyling from Cinema Make Up School A true lover of all the elements of Fashion, she studied Fashion Design and Styling at the prestigious Istituto Europeo Di Design in Milan, Italy.

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

PRODUCT REVIEW: GIORGIO ARMANI FACE FABRIC FOUNDATION

Hi my Lovelies! So, I am back with another product review and apologies if you are expecting an eyeshadow palette or a lip product as I ma back with another foundation review. If you are new to reading my blog, allow me to introduce myself. I am Anna de Leon, Make Up Artist/Stylist and a Foundation Freak. lol! My previous review brought me to the drugstore and this review brought me to the swanky, every posh Bloomingdales. :)

I have been reading/hearing great reviews about Giorgio Armani's Face Fabric Foundation and obviously as a Foundation Freak I just had to get my hands on it. Luckily, a very generous Santa gave me a gift certificate from Bloomingdales and straight to the Giorgio Armani section I went.

According to the website, GA's Face Fabric Foundation is an invisible make up with a 3D Micro-Fil Technology. This sounds all scientific, right? In layman's term, it means that the foundation allows infinite blending and layering to enhance the natural glow of the skin. 

Let me start with the texture of this foundation because that is one of its unique features and it is like no other texture that I have ever tried and tested. If you have tried Benefit's Porefessional and have felt and seen the smoothening effect of the product's formulation, the texture of GA's FFF is similar to that but more liquidy. It  really feels like silk when you smooth it on you face. Trust Mr. Armani to wow not just through his impeccable clothes but through his make up line as well. To say that it feel luxurious will be an understatement.
I used GA's Face Fabric Foundation on the 25th of December to attend Christmas Lunch with friends and all of these photos were taken with my blackberry with no editing. :)
Top Left: GA Face Fabric Foundation with no concealer. I think that one application is perfect for someone who has good skin. 
Top Right: GA Face Fabric Foundation with Maybelline Fit Me Concealer
Bottom Left: GA Face Fabric with Maybelline Fit me Concealer and Powder
Bottom Right: A simple lunch date look with GA Face Fabric Foundation, Maybelline Fit Me Concealer and Powder, NARS Laguna Bronzer, MAC 's Kohl Pencil in Teddy and NYX Cosmetics LipLiner in Nude Truffle.

I think that using the foundation once isn't enough to be able to give a fair review and since I could not hit the gym because of my sprained ankle to subject the foundation to the Work Out Challenge, I decided to use GA Face Fabric Foundation for 4 straight days and probably the worst four days for me as I was achooing left, right and center.
Based on these 2 collages, I can honestly say that the GA's Face Fabric Foundation truly is like your second skin. Being fluish on those 4 days, my skin was kind of sallow and I had redness around my nose that the foundation was able to cover.
Eventhough I am very satisfied with the product, I think that I have yet to see how this foundation adapts to the Summer Days and Night of Dubai as a good friend of mine who is a MUA in the Philippines said that it does not fare very well in hot and humid countries. 

Day 1
Giorgio Armani Face Fabric Foundation with MAC ProLong Wear Concealer
NARS Laguna Bronzer for contour  NARS Orgasm Blush and MAC's MSF in Soft and Gentle for highlight.

Day 2
Same Products as above.

Day 3
Same products except for the highlight. I used MAC's Chez Chez Lame this time.

Day 4
Same Products as above except for the lipstick. I used NYX Cosmetics Matte Red Lipstick.

Over all, I give Giorgio Armani's Face Fabric Foundation an 8/10! Although pricey, it is worth it. The packaging is excellent because it is in a tube (lightweight, good for travel) and hygienic eventhough it doesn't come with a pump, you just need to squeeze the product out. It has SPF 12, so it is good for everyday wear and the flashback won't be too much. Downside is that it only has 5 shades to choose from.

I hope that this review has been helpful to you all and let me know your thoughts if you have tried this foundation as well. :)

No comments: