About Me

My photo
Freelance Make Up Artist and Stylist who shuttles between New York, Italy and Dubai, Anna has been in the Make Up industry since 1996. She trained under Mario Dedivanovic and Scott Barnes in NYC and has a certificate for Hairstyling from Cinema Make Up School A true lover of all the elements of Fashion, she studied Fashion Design and Styling at the prestigious Istituto Europeo Di Design in Milan, Italy.

Monday, January 7, 2013

BEAUTY RESOLUTIONS 2013

Hello Everyone! I hope that you all had an amazing holiday break and an even more beautiful way to welcome 2013. :)

One of my resolutions is to post more regularly and let me start that with some of my Beauty Resolutions for 2013 :)

BEAUTY RESOLUTION ONE
LOVE YOUR SKIN AND IT WILL LOVE YOU BACK.
IT IS NEVER TOO EARLY OR TOO LATE TO START INVESTING IN GOOD SKIN CARE PRODUCTS AND INCORPORATING A SKIN CARE ROUTINE IN YOUR LIFE. 
IT MAY TAKE SOME TIME AWAY FROM YOUR SNOOZE TIME BUT BELIEVE ME WHEN I SAY THAT IT WILL BE WORTH IT.

WHEN I SAY INVEST IN PRODUCTS, I DO NOT NECESSARILY MEAN EXPENSIVE, THEY JUST HAVE TO WORK FOR YOUR SKIN TYPE.

NEVER EVER FORGET TO REMOVE YOUR MAKE UP. I HAVE BIODERMA AND LUSH'S ORCHID OIL LOTION BUT WHEN I AM ABSOLUTELY TIRED I REACH OUT FOR MY BABY WIPES. IT IS FAST AND EASY AND IT DOES.

MY SKIN CARE ROUTINE IS PRETTY SIMPLE. I FIND THAT MY SKIN WORKS WELL WITH THESE 3 CLEANSERS.
1. CETAPHIL
2. DERMALOGICA'S SPECIAL CLEANSING GEL
3. DERMALOGICA'S CLEAN START CLEANSER (WHEN MY SKIN IS MOODY)

I ONLY TONE WITH DERMALOGICA'S CLEAN START TONER.

NOW, THE ONLY PART WHERE IT GETS TRICKY IS THE MOISTURISING PART. I USE A LIGHTER MOISTURISER DURING THE DAY AND MOST OF THE TIME I ONLY APPLY IT ON AREAS WHERE I FEEL I NEED IT.
DURING THE DAY I MAY USE CETAPHIL'S MOISTURISER OR I USE DERMALOGICA'S AGE SMART SUPER RICH MOISTURISER.

AT NIGHT ALSO USE DERMALOGICA'S AGE SMART SERUM.

ONE OF THE THINGS THAT I STRESS ON THE MOST IS THE IMPORTANCE OF TAKING CARE OF YOUR UNDER EYE AREA. 

FOR MY UNDER EYE AREA, I USE TWO PRODUCTS. IN THE MORNING I SWEAR BY GARNIER'S EYE ROLL ON AND AT NIGHT I USE A MORE POTENT EYE CREAM LIKE DERMALOGICA'S AGE SMART EYE REPAIR.

BEAUTY RESOLUTION TWO
TAKE THE TIME CHOOSE YOUR FACE PRODUCTS.
WHEN YOU ARE BUYING YOUR FOUNDATION, CONCEALER AND FACE POWDER, TAKE ALL THE TIME YOU NEED. 

DON'T EVER FEEL COMPELLED TO BUY THE PRODUCTS IMMEDIATELY. TEST IT ON YOUR JAW LINE, WALK AROUND THE MALL AND SEE IF IT DISAPPEARS ON YOUR SKIN. MAKE SURE TO CHECK IT WHEN YOU ARE OUTDOORS.

BEAUTY RESOLUTION THREE
MASTER THE ART OF THE VAVAVOOM HAIR.

I HAVE ALWAYS LOVED THE VAVAVOOM HAIR EVER SINCE I DISCOVERED CINDY CRAWFORD! AND ME AND MY VELCRO ROLLERS HAVE BEEN INSEPARABLE! LOL!

I HAVE BEEN AVOIDING HEATED TOOLS TO STYLE MY HAIR SO IT IS BASICALLY JUST A BODIFYING MOUSSE FOR ME AND A HAIR DRYER WITH A DIFFUSER AND MY EVER RELIABLE SET OF VELCRO ROLLERS.

BEAUTY RESOLUTION FOUR
DRUGSTORE MAKE UP IS YOUR BESTFRIEND.

2012 WAS AN EXCEPTIONALLY GOOD YEAR FOR A LOT OF DRUGSTORE BRANDS AND I AM SURE THAT 2013 WILL GIVE ME MORE PRODUCTS TO RAVE ABOUT.

FOR THIS LOOK, I USED NYX COSMETICS' BOHEMIAN CHIC PALETTE. YOU WILL IN ALL OF THE PHOTOS THAT THE EYE SHADOW COLOUR IS VERY PIGMENTED AND I DID NOT EVE USE AN EYE PRIMER.

WITH THE EXCEPTION OF THE EYE LINER, WHICH IS MAC'S TEDDY, THE MASCARA IS ALSO A DRUGSTORE BRAND, MY ALL TIME FAVOURITE, ONE BY ONE VOLUME EXPRESS FROM MAYBELLINE.

BEAUTY RESOLUTION FIVE
BE YOUR OWN MAKE UP ARTIST. INVEST IN GOOD BRUSHES.
AS A MAKE UP ARTIST, ALL THE LOOKS THAT I HAVE DONE WILL NEVER BE POSSIBLE WITHOUT MY TOOLS.

IT IS NOT BECAUSE THESE ARE MY BRUSHES, HOWEVER, I KNOW THAT MY WOMAN BY ANNA BRUSHES ARE AMAZING! MY TRAIN CASE IS NEVER WITHOUT IT AND I ALSO HAVE MY PERSONAL SET THAT I TAKE WITH ME.

BEAUTY RESOLUTION SIX
CURL YOUR LASHES.

THIS IS A COMMON MISTAKE THAT WOMEN MAKE. THEY APPLY MASCARA BUT TOTALLY FORGET ABOUT CURLING THEIR LASHES. THIS, INSTEAD OF OPENING UP YOUR EYES CLOSES THEM FURTHER.

CURL YOUR LASHES, SEPARATE THEM WITH A LASH COMB AND THEN APPLY ONE MORE COAT. :) THIS TRICK SHOULD MAKE YOUR EYES THE CENTRE OF ATTENTION. :)

BEAUTY RESOLUTION SEVEN
DON'T BE AFRAID OF THE BEAUTIFUL, BOLD LIP.

SOME WOMEN ARE CREATURES OF HABIT. THEY MELT INTO THEIR BEAUTY COMFORT ZONE AND MOST OFTEN THAN NOT THEY BECOME AFRAID TO TRY DIFFERENT THINGS. ONE OF THOSE THINGS THAT THEY BECOME AFRAID OF IS THE BOLD LIP.

THERE ARE SOOO MANY BEAUTIFUL BOLD LIP COLORS AVAILABLE AND IF YOU CAN SEE HERE, I AM  NOT WEARING THE CLASSIC RED BUT MORE OF A FUSCHIA COLOURED LIPPY

BEAUTY RESOLUTION 8
SMILE MORE OFTEN. IT IS GOOD FOR YOU.





No comments: