About Me

My photo
Freelance Make Up Artist and Stylist who shuttles between New York, Italy and Dubai, Anna has been in the Make Up industry since 1996. She trained under Mario Dedivanovic and Scott Barnes in NYC and has a certificate for Hairstyling from Cinema Make Up School A true lover of all the elements of Fashion, she studied Fashion Design and Styling at the prestigious Istituto Europeo Di Design in Milan, Italy.

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

PENELOPE CRUZ INSPIRED MAKE UP

Hi my lovelies! Hope everyone is happy and healthy and while the weather is cooling down, work is heating up, and I am currently down with a fever, not good. :(

Some months back, I hosted a send off luncheon at home and my good friend requested for a Mexican themed lunch and for some reason the 1st thing that came to my mind was Penelope Cruz' character in Women on Top when her character was in fact, Brazilian. hehehe. Maybe it was because of her movie with my Beauty Icon, Salma Hayek, BANDIDAS that made me do the association.

This association got me started on googling for Ms. Cruz' images and I think that this photo from L'Oreal ad is perhaps one of the best that I have seen. 

So, without further ado, here is my interpretation of Ms. Penelope Cruz' look for L'Oreal. 

Love and Light,
A

PENELOPE CRUZ 
I BELIEVE THIS IS FROM ONE OF L'OREAL'S MASCARA ADS.

LET'S BEGIN THE LATINA BOMBSHELL TRANSFORMATION 

LOOKING AT PENELOPE'S PHOTO, THERE IS NO HINT OF SHIMMER ON THE FACE OR EYES.
TO KEEP MY FACE MATTE, I APPLIED NO. 7'S AIR BRUSH AWAY PRIMER ALL OVER MY FACE.

I ALSO APPLIED ELIZABETH ARDEN'S 8 HOUR CREAM ON MY LIPS.

PENELOPE'S SKIN LOOKS EXTREMELY FLAWLESS AND TO ACHIEVE THIS LOOK I DECIDED TO USE MY KRYOLAN PAN STICK FOUNDATION.

SINCE KRYOLAN IS ALREADY HIGH DEFINITION, I USED A VERY SMALL AMOUNT OF MY MAC PRO LONGWEAR CONCEALER UNDER MY EYES, AROUND THE NOSE AND LIPS.

TO DEFINE AND THICKEN MY BROWS, I USED MY BEN NYE TAUPE EYEBROW PENCIL AND BROW ZINGS IN MEDIUM

THE WHOLE MAKE UP LOOK IS SOMEWHAT REMINISCENT OF THE EARLY 90'S SUPERMODEL LOOK - MODERN MATTE, SO I USED ALL MATTE SHADES FOR THE EYES.

START BY APPLYING A GOOD EYE SHADOW BASE. I USED MY URBAN DECAY PRIMER POTION.

I APPLIED A MATTE MEDIUM BROWN EYE SHADOW ALL OVER MY LID. FOR THIS LOOK, I USED URBAN DECAY'S BUCK E/S.

FOR THE CREASE DEFINITION, I ACTUALLY JUST USED THE CONTOURING COLOUR FROM MY MUFE CONTOUR KIT AND BLENDED.

FOR THE HIGHLIGHT, I USED THE LIGHTER SHADE FROM MY MUFE CONTOUR KIT AS WELL
LINE YOUR KASH BED WITH A BLACK LINER, SEEING THAT THERE WAS NO SHIMMER, I USED A BLACK KOHL PENCIN (MAC'S FELINE)

I ALSO DID NOT DO A DRAMATIC FLICK.

LINE YOUR WATER LINE WITH THE BLACK PENCIL AND ON THE LOWER LASH LINE SMUDGE A DARK BROWN PENCIL. I USED MAC'S TEDDY FOR THIS.

APPLY YOUR FALSIES FOR THAT EXTRA DRAMA.

MAKE SURE TO APPLY 2 COATS OF MASCARA ON YOUR BOTTOM LASHES.

IF YOU LOOK AT PENELOPE'S LIPS, HER CUPID'S BOW WAS THE ONLYPART WHERE THERE WAS SHIMMER.

I DEFINED MY LIPS WITH L'OREAL'S MILK CHOCOLATE LIP LINER AND APPLIED MAC'S VIVA GLAM IN LADY GAGA LIPSTICK.

FOR THAT ADDED SHIMMER ON THE BOTTOM LIP, I APPLIED SOME GLOSS.

AND HERE YOU GO! :)


THIS PHOTO WAS TAKEN INFRONT MY BALCONY TO CHECK IF THE MAKE UP LOOKS NATURAL AND IT DOES. :)

No comments: