About Me

My photo
Freelance Make Up Artist and Stylist who shuttles between New York, Italy and Dubai, Anna has been in the Make Up industry since 1996. She trained under Mario Dedivanovic and Scott Barnes in NYC and has a certificate for Hairstyling from Cinema Make Up School A true lover of all the elements of Fashion, she studied Fashion Design and Styling at the prestigious Istituto Europeo Di Design in Milan, Italy.

Sunday, July 8, 2012

MY NEW FOUNDATION ROUTINE

Hey Everyone! So happy to be back to blogging after a short hiatus. I can now relax a bit as most my unpacking is finished! I just need to tackle my balcony! And I shall do that tomorrow.

My Foundation Routine changes from season to season and it also depends on the state of my skin. So, I will most likely have a different foundation routine come the colder months.

It is not uncommon for most of us to have oily skin during the hotter months, however, my skin is a little dry, especially on the sides of my nose so I use a richer moisturiser on that area.

I would have wanted to post more photos, unfortunately, as I am filming infront of my balcony, I realised that most of the photos looked a little washed out and I hate photo shopping my photos most especially when I talk about make up. 

Enough writing now and let's get on with my new foundation routine! :)

Love and Light,

A

MY NEW FOUNDATION ROUTINE

PRE MAKE UP PREPARATION

NOTE: MUST READ!
BEFORE WE MOVE ON TO DISCUSS MAKE UP, ALLOW ME TO APOLOGISE FOR THE LIONESS HAIR! HAHAHAHA! I HAVE BEEN AIR DRYING MY HAIR RECENTLY

AS YOU CAN SEE, I HAVE SOME BLEMISHES THAT DO NEED CORRECTING AND THOUGH THIS MAY BE AN INCRIMINATING PHOTO, WHICH WILL HAUNT ME FOR A WHILE, I'D TAKE THE RISK IN ORDER TO BRING YOU LOVELIES AN HONEST TO GOODNESS BLOG POST. :)

SO, FOR PRE MAKE UP PREP, I WASHED WITH MY CETAPHIL CLEANSER FOLLOWED BY MY DERMALOGICA MULTI ACTIVE TONER.

TO MOISTURISE THE EYE AREA, I USED ESTEE LAUDER'S ADVANCE NIGHT REPAIR.

LIKE WHAT I HAD PREVIOUSLY MENTIONED, THE SIDES OF MY NOSE HAVE BECOME EXTREMELY DRY AND THE WORST THING THAT YOU CAN DO IS APPLY FOUNDATION AND CONCEALER ON A DRY PATCH OF SKIN THAT IS PEELING. TO MOISTURISE, I USED MY CETAPHIL MOISTURISING LOTION AND MASSAGED IT INTO SKIN. THIS PROCEDURE ENCOURAGES BLOOD FLOW AND ACTIVATES YOUR LYMPHATIC DRAINAGE,WHICH REDUCES, IF NOT ELIMINATES THE BLOATED LOOK! :)

NEW FOUNDATION ROUTINE

STEP ONE: I APPLIED MAC'S MATCHMASTER FOUNDATION IN 4.0 ON THE CENTRE OF MY FACE AND WITH A DAMP BEAUTY BLENDER I STARTED TAPPING, DABBING, EVEN ROLLING THE FOUNDATION ALL OVER MY SKIN.

THIS PROCEDURE, I FIND, MAKES THE FOUNDATION MELT INTO YOUR SKIN, THUS, MAKING IT LOOK MORE NATURAL.

STEP TWO: BLEMISH COVER UP.
THE MOST IMPORTANT THING TO REMEMBER WHEN YOU ARE TRYING TO COVER A BLEMISH IS TO NOT PILE ON THE PRODUCTS.

I USED THE GREEN CORRECTOR FROM MUFE'S CAMOUFLAGE CREAM PALETTE AND LIGHTLY DABBED ON THE RED SPOTS WITH A FINE TIPPED BRUSH FROM EVERYDAY MINERALS.

WHEN SPOT CORRECTING, IT IS IMPORTANT TO USE A FINE TIPPED BRUSH, IF YOU DON'T HAVE ONE, WHY NOT TRY YOUR EYE LINER BRUSH. :)

STEP THREE: I CONCEALED AS USUAL WITH MAC'S PRO LONGWEAR CONCEALER.

NOW, THERE IS A DIFFERENT APPROACH TO CONCEALING BLEMISHES. UNLIKE CONCEALING DARK CIRCLES OR REDNESS ON THE SKIN WHERE YOU DIRECTLY APPLY THE PRODUCT, CONCEALING BLEMISHES TAKES MORE CARE AND PRECISION. I DO NOT APPLY IT DIRECTLY ON THE BLEMISH BUT I TAKE A SMALL AMOUNT OF CONCEALER FROM THE BACK OF MY HAND AND APPLY IT WITH A BRUSH EVERY SO LIGHTLY. 

INSTEAD OF USING A BRUSH TO BLEND, I USE THE CUSHION ON MY RING FINGER TO LIGHT DAB.

CONCEALING BLEMISHES TAKES A LIGHT HAND. START WITH A LITTLE AND THEN ADD WHEN IT STILL REQUIRES MORE COVERAGE.

NEW FOUNDATION ROUTINE

AS A RULE OF THUMB, I APPLY ALL CREAM, LIQUID PRODUCTS AND FOR MY HIGHLIGHT, I USED NARS' ORGASM ILLUMINATOR ON MY CHEEKBONES.

INSTEAD OF IMMEDIATELY USING A POWDER BRUSH TO SET MY BASE, I USED MY MAC POWDER PUFF TO PRESS MY FACE POWDER AND I USED THE BRUSH TO REMOVE THE EXCESS.

FOR ADDITIONAL HIGHLIGHT, I LIGHTLY ADDED MAC'S CHEZ CHEZ LAME ON MY CHEEKBONES. 

I FOLLOWED THIS UP WITH MY NARS' LAGUNA BRONZER.

NEW FOUNDATION ROUTINE

AHA! NO MORE LIONESS HAIR! I DON'T KNOW ABOUT YOU LOVELIES BUT I SIMPLY CANNOT HAVE MY ALL OVER MY FACE AND NAPE AND NECK DURING SUMMER! 

I CONTOURED MY NOSE WITH MUFE'S CONTOURING KIT BUT LEFT THE REST OF MY FACE UNCONTOURED.

FOR THE BROWS, IT IS JUST BEN NYE'S BROW PENCIL IN MEDIUM BROWN AND MIKYAJY'S CLEAR BROW GEL.

ON MY TOP LASHES, IT IS RIMMEL'S MASCARA IN GLAM EYES.

GOT NO EYESHADOW AND LINER. :)

FOR THE LIPS

I LINED MY LIPS WITH NARS' AFRICA QUEEN LINER AND APPLIED NARS' GLOSS IN TURKISH DELIGHT
(MAKES THE LIPS FULLER! - BUT THAT IT A TOTALLY DIFFERENT POST. )

NEW FOUNDATION ROUTINE PRODUCTS

MAC'S MATCHMASTER FOUNDATION IN 4.0
NARS' ORGASM ILLUMINATOR
MAC'S PRO LONGWEAR CONCEALER
SARA K POWDER IN CP 6
MUFE CAMOUFLAGE CREAM PALETTE
MAC'S CHEZ CHEZ LAME SPECIAL RESERVE HIGHLIGHT POWDER
NARS LAGUNA BRONZER

TOOLS
BEAUTY BLENDER (NOT INCLUDED IN PIC. WILL INCLUDE ON MY NEXT POST)
MAC'S 129 BRUSH
SIGMA PRECISION ANGLED BRUSH P 84
SIGMA PRECISION ROUND BRUSH P 82
EDM FINE TIPPED SYNTHETIC BRUSH
NARS' YACHIYO KABUKI BRUSH  (NOT INCLUDED IN PIC)

LASTLY, DON'T FORGET TO CHECK YOUR MAKE UP USING NATURAL LIGHT :)





No comments: