About Me

My photo
Freelance Make Up Artist and Stylist who shuttles between New York, Italy and Dubai, Anna has been in the Make Up industry since 1996. She trained under Mario Dedivanovic and Scott Barnes in NYC and has a certificate for Hairstyling from Cinema Make Up School A true lover of all the elements of Fashion, she studied Fashion Design and Styling at the prestigious Istituto Europeo Di Design in Milan, Italy.

Saturday, July 7, 2012

COLOUR ME PRETTY!

And we back to regular programming my lovelies! I am also finally able to breath as my house move, organisation is almost finally over! If you follow me on instagram, you'd have seen some snippets of the areas that I have started fixing. :) House moves are stressful but after all the junk has been thrown out, it is very rewarding to see everything in its place. So, as a reward to myself, I am going to soak in some sunshine this week and take a break. :)

Everyone seems to be doing colourful make up and I want to share the step by step 'procedure' to the Bohemian Bridal Look that I did for the month of June. 

By the way, I am very excited because I have lined up so many looks to do this month, products that have accumulated over time that deserves a review and loads of outfit pairings and basically snippets of my life. hehehehe..... 

So, without further delay, Here is Colour Me Pretty! :)

Love and Light,

A

THIS IS THE FINISHED LOOK! :)
SCROLL DOWN FOR THE STEP BY STEP PROCEDURE

PRE MAKE UP PREPARATION
BENEFIT POREFESSIONAL
DERMALOGICA CLIMATE CONTROL LIP TREATMENT

FOR THE BASE
MAC'S MATCHMASTER FOUNDATION IN 4.1

COASTAL SCENTS' CONCEALER PALETTE APPLIED ON DARK CIRCLES, SIDES OF MY NOSE, CORNERS OF MY MOUTH

FOR THE BROWS
I USED BEN NYE EYE BROW PENCIL IN MEDIUM BROWN TO FORM THE SHAPE OF THE BROW THAT I WANT, WHICH IS THICKER THAN MY NORMAL BROWS AND A LITTLE SQUARISH TO GIVE ME FACE MORE CONTOUR.

WITH AN ANGLED BRUSH I BLENDED BENEFIT'S BROW ZINGS IN LIGHT TO SOFTEN THE LOOK AND BLEND FURTHER.

FOR THE EYES
I PRIMED MY EYE LIDS WITH URBAN DECAY'S PRIMER POTION

THE FIRST COLOUR THAT I APPLIED IS MAKE UP FOREVER'S  STAR POWDER IN 90920 (THIS IS THE YELLOW ONE).

I APPLIED THIS SHADE ON MY TEAR DUCTS AND PROBABLY 1/4 OF MY LID.

FOR THE EYES
THE SECOND SHADE IS EVERYDAY MINERALS' EYESHADOW IN CHERRY FIZZ.

THE THIRD SHADE IS MAC'S CRUSHED PIGMENT IN BUTTERFLY PARTY

ON MY CREASE, I USED URBAN DECAY'S EYE SHADOW IN BUCK.

FOR THE EYES
ON THE LOWER LASH LINE I APPLIED SOME OF MAC'S CRUSHED PIGMENTS IN RAINDROP GARDEN

I LINED MY LASH BED WITH COASTAL SCENTS' GEL LINER IN TRUFFLE.

I CURLED MY LASHES AND APPLIED 2 COATS OF DIOR EXTASE MASCARA ON MY UPPER AND LOWER LASHES.

FOR THE EYES
I APPLIED MAKE UP FOREVER'S KOHL LINER IN 2K ON MY WATERLINE.

FOR THE CHEEKS
I APPLIED MAC'S CREME BLUSH IN UNCOMMON AND THEN TOPPED IT OFF WITH CLINIQUE'S ICED LOTUS BLUSH

FOR THE HIGHLIGHT I USED MACS POWDER IN HONEY ROSE

FOR THE LIPS
I USED INGLOT'S SOFT PRECISION LINER IN 63 AND LIP PAINT IN 51.

WEAR IT WITH A BANDANA AND HOOP EARRINGS 

OR

GO RETRO AND WEAR IT AS A HEADBAND! :)


8 comments:

nymphamaniacop said...

ms anna did you contour your nose here? what product did u use?

nymphamaniacop said...

ms anna did u contour your nose here? what product did u use?

ANNA DE LEON said...

hi Nympha, I did. :) Forgot to put that in coz I had no close up photos if the cheeks. I used the contour kit of Make Up Forever

nymphamaniacop said...

thanks ms anna..i really have to contour my big nose hehhehe

nymphamaniacop said...

ms anna, what can you recommend for a dual foundation. my skin type is combination but more on dry hehe...im using clinique even better liquid foundation and Chanel vitalumiere...i want a dual foundation wherein i can use it everyday :)

ANNA DE LEON said...

Hi nympha! So do I! lol! Make sure to blend when you contour, ok :)

ANNA DE LEON said...

Hi Nympha, are you referring to the compacts ones where you wet the sponge and it can be applied as a foundation? This is quite an interesting question and would like to properly address this with a blog post as my response will be quite long :)

nymphamaniacop said...

yes ms anna! im currently using MUFE DUO MAT but it makes my skin dry. Im looking for a dual mat that gives sheer coverage or dewy effect but i think only liquid foundation has this one. Add ms anna which foundation we can use for everyday? Thanks!! will wait for that blog!