About Me

My photo
Freelance Make Up Artist and Stylist who shuttles between New York, Italy and Dubai, Anna has been in the Make Up industry since 1996. She trained under Mario Dedivanovic and Scott Barnes in NYC and has a certificate for Hairstyling from Cinema Make Up School A true lover of all the elements of Fashion, she studied Fashion Design and Styling at the prestigious Istituto Europeo Di Design in Milan, Italy.

Friday, May 4, 2012

SPRING/SUMMER FASHION TRENDS: PLEATS RELEASE ME

I am back with yet another Spring/Summer Fashion Trends and if you thought that my grammar went down the drain, nope, I want to avoid boring titles hence the reference to this old song. "Please Release Me Let Me Go." lalalalalala......

Anyway, enough singing and back to writing. This particular trend, I am afraid is not for everyone. Pleats do have a tendency to make you look a little bigger, however, if you still wish to invest on a pleated piece to be in vogue, why not go the safer route and get a black pleated skirt or trousers. I kind of went all out, pleats and flowers! It can be a little over powering especially if you are as small as I am (152 cm! hehehe), however, I am glad it still worked.

Another thing that I want to highlight in this post and I am sure that all of you are already aware is that fashion does repeat it self. I purchased this dress from Splash when way back in 2010, if I am not mistaken and 2 years after, it is back. So, kudos to Splash (a local high street brand in Dubai) for thinking ahead! :)

I am putting a link below so you can see that this dress is indeed a blast from the past! 

Love and Light,

A

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats ~ Found your blog on Google while searching for a related topic, your site came up, it looks good, keep them coming !
HTTP://www.KneeNeckBackPain.com/