About Me

My photo
Freelance Make Up Artist and Stylist who shuttles between New York, Italy and Dubai, Anna has been in the Make Up industry since 1996. She trained under Mario Dedivanovic and Scott Barnes in NYC and has a certificate for Hairstyling from Cinema Make Up School A true lover of all the elements of Fashion, she studied Fashion Design and Styling at the prestigious Istituto Europeo Di Design in Milan, Italy.

Sunday, May 20, 2012

EARTHY SMOKEY EYES

Being a Make Up Artist and being surrounded by so much colour and texture, sometimes I find it hard to choose which colour combination to do first. It is dizzying but in a good way, like seeing your crush dizzy! lol!

Anyway, a week and half ago, I attended Braun's Hair Pride Parade at The Westin Hotel, Mena Seyahi and decided to do a smokey eye but this time not using the traditional black, brown or blue. I decided to combine green, brown and a little black. :)

Hope you guys like this look and encourages you to experiment with not your usual colour combinations. :)

Love and Light,
A

FOR THE BASE
I USED ESTEE LAUDER'S DOUBLE WEAR LIGHT FOUNDATION WITH MAC'S STUDIO SCULPT FOUNDATION.

I APPLIED CLINIQUE'S ICED LOTUS BLUSH ON THE APPLES OF MY CHEEKS AND HIGHLIGHTED WITH NARS' MULTIPLES IN COPACOBANA.

FOR THE BROWS
I USED BEN NYE'S TAUPE EYEBROW PENCIL TO FILL IN MY BROWS AND BENEFIT'S BROW ZINGS IN LIGHT TO MAKE IT LOOK MORE NATURAL.

FOR THE EYES
I STARTED MY EYE MAKE UP BY PRIMING MY LID WITH URBAN DECAY'S PRIMER POTION THEN LINING MY WATERLINE WITH MAC'S PEARLGLIDE EYE LINER IN UNDERCURRENT. 

(TIP: THIS IS A LIMITED EDITION LINER AND I STRONGLY SUGGEST THAT YOU LOVELIES GRAB THIS SHADE! I WAS OOHING AND AHHING AT THE MAC STORE WITH ERL WHEN WE WERE SWATCHING IT!)

FOR THE EYES
WITH A MAC 239 BRUSH I APPLIED MAC'S HUMID EYE SHADOW ALL OVER THE LID. 

FOR THE EYES
MAKE SURE TO SMUDGE HUMID EYESHADOW WITH A PENCIL BRUSH  ON YOUR LOWER LASH LINE.

FOR THE EYES
TO SOFTEN THE EDGES ON THE LID, I APPLIED URBAN DECAY'S BUCK EYESHADOW ON MY CREASE AND BLENDED.

USING THE MAC 239 BRUSH, I APPLIED UD'S CREEP SHADOW JUST ON THE OUTER CORNERS OF THE EYE TO ADD DEPTH.

USING INLGOT'S 13P BRUSH, I APPLIED UD'S SIN ON MY TEAR DUCTS AND BROW BONE.

(SIN, BUCK AND CREEP CAN BE FOUND ON THE NAKED PALETTE 1)

FOR THE EYES
I CURLED MY LASHES AND APPLIED 2 COATS OF DIOR SHOW EXTASE MASCARA ON MY TOP AND BOTTOM LASHES.

FOR THE LIPS
I LINED MY LIPS WITH MAC'S SPICE LIP LINER AND FILLED IT I IN WITH MAC'S BLANKETY LIPSTICK.




THE FINISHED LOOK!




No comments: