About Me

My photo
Freelance Make Up Artist and Stylist who shuttles between New York, Italy and Dubai, Anna has been in the Make Up industry since 1996. She trained under Mario Dedivanovic and Scott Barnes in NYC and has a certificate for Hairstyling from Cinema Make Up School A true lover of all the elements of Fashion, she studied Fashion Design and Styling at the prestigious Istituto Europeo Di Design in Milan, Italy.

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

ART NIGHTS @ THE GATE VILLAGE

I think it was on twitter where I had  mentioned how I love strolling around the art galleries at the Gate Village in DIFC, it calms me, it gives my brain a good cardio work out hehehe. It makes me think more than I usually do, which is a lot, by the way. It inspires me and sometimes I do chuckle at some pieces, which, in my humble opinion are trying to hard to be abstract. Well, what do I know, hehehe. But that is just my opinion.

Last May 8, The Gate Village celebrated one of its Art Nights. The theme for the evening was Combining Art, Design, Music & Cuisine in a Contemporary Urban Environment.

There were a lot of notable collections but what I loved the most was Opera Gallery's  "Secret of the Veil" by Lita Cabellut. Lita Cabellut is a Spanish painter who is well known for her unique variation of the fresco style of painting. Prior to the invitation to the Art Night, one of the curators of the Opera Gallery told me that Lita grew up in Barcelona and having been to the city where she takes her inspiration from I simply had to see her work :)

Second to Opera Gallery's offering was Ayyam Gallery's display of Mohannad Orabi's work entitled "It's no longer about me." I have to admit that what drew me to Ayyam Gallery was the huge painting of filled with children and their black expressions. It was haunting and it does leave an impression.

Anyway, I hope you lovelies like the photos from the Galleries that I visited and I will talk to you all soon. :)

Love and Light,

A

MY FAVOURITE PIECE FROM LITA CABELLUT.

SECRETS OF THE VEIL BY LITA CABELLUT AT THE OPERA GALLERY

WHIMSICAL PIECE


HAUNTING AND ATTENTION GRABBING.
THIS PIECE LURED ME TO AYYAM GALLERY

THOSE EMPTY EYES MAKES YOU WONDER WHAT THEY HAVE SEEN AND EXPERIENCED.

FORGOT HER NAME... THOUGHT HER OUTFIT WAS COOL :)


No comments: