About Me

My photo
Freelance Make Up Artist and Stylist who shuttles between New York, Italy and Dubai, Anna has been in the Make Up industry since 1996. She trained under Mario Dedivanovic and Scott Barnes in NYC and has a certificate for Hairstyling from Cinema Make Up School A true lover of all the elements of Fashion, she studied Fashion Design and Styling at the prestigious Istituto Europeo Di Design in Milan, Italy.

Friday, May 4, 2012

ALL ABOUT THE UNDER EYES

Whenever I get questions about Skin Care, Make Up, Fashion by email I always try to reply as quick;y as possible, however, there are occasions when I do not get to give all the information that I want because I am either replying to them through my phone and I some how forgot the name of the product or simply because their concerns/issues are very important that a reply through my bb is not just enough. (FYI: Skin Care, Make Up and Fashion Concerns are important)

One of the mails that I got was about her growing concern over her dark circles and though all mails are important to me, I took it upon myself to write about under eye care first as this issue is something that I emphasize each and every time I speak to a woman (even a man needs to take care of his dark circles. For this, gents you have to try the Cream from Clarins). I even dedicate a portion about under eye care during my workshops.

Why did I choose to talk about under eye care first. Well, to those who aren't aware, the skin under our eye are is the thinnest, thus, very prone to premature aging. This, our neck and hands can tell our age. I started using eye creams as early as 25, I think that ladies and gents should probably start earlier.

So, aside from dark circles being a genetic issue, how do you get it? Obviously, lack of sleep, not enough moisture and dehydration are also culprits. It could be hormonal especially if you are menopausing. Aside from expensive serums and creams, drinking 8 glasses of water day does help.It helps keep you hydrated.

Let us take a closer look at our under eye are as we age.

20's
When you are young and at your 20's and partying like there is no tomorrow and you don't get enough sleep, but you are still lucky because your skin still has that elasticity and the damages can be reversed. Smoking sucks out the Vitamin A from your skin causing it to dry up and lose its elasticity. 

30's
Provided that you started using eye creams at an early age, your under eye area should have little fine lines, doesn't get puffy. Once you hit your 30's two things you should remember: 1) sunglasses when you are heading out and 2) sunscreen. The rays of the sun dries you up and when you get dehydrated, dark circles form. To explain why the lack of moisture around the under eye area causes it to get dark, look at your elbows or knees, if it is dry, it darken, try moisturising it daily and see if it lightens up.

40's
When you hit the big 4-0, your skin tends to get thinner and drier, your blood vessels gets more dilated  and this creates the perfect venue for dark circles.

After reading my post again, it does boil down to keeping our under eye are hydrated.

MY UNDER EYE CREAMS
I HAVE BEEN USING ESTEE LAUDER'S ADVANCE NIGHT REPAIR AT NIGHT AND GARNIER'S EYE BRIGHTENING EYE ROLL ON IN THE MORNING.

ASIDE FROM THESE 2 I ALSO USED CREME DE LA MER'S EYE CREAM AND I WILL BE POSTING THE LINK TO MY REVIEW AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS POST.

FOR CONCEALING DARK CIRCLES, I USE A CORRECTOR FIRST. LIKE WHAT I HAVE MENTIONED, DARK CIRCLES ARE CAUSED BY DEHYDRATION SO, IF YOU PILE ON THE CONCEALER, YOUR UNDER EYE AREA WILL LOOK SO CAKEY. 

USE A CORRECTOR FIRST LIKE THIS ONE FROM MAKE UP FOREVER. USE THE SALMON COLOURED ONE, FOR EXTREME CASES USE MAC'S ORANGE.

YOU CAN USE YOUR FINGER BUT PLEASE DO NOT RUB, JUST PAT THE PRODUCT IN GENTLY. 

AFTER APPLYING YOUR CORRECTOR YOU CAN APPLY YOUR FAVOURITE CONCEALER. FOR DARK CIRCLES, BEAR IN MIND TO GET A YELLOW UNDER TONED CONCEALER TO COMBAT THE VIOLET/PINK UNDER TONES OF THE DARK CIRCLES.

WHEN REMOVING YOUR EYE MAKE UP, I SUGGEST TO USE BIODERMA'S SENSIBIO H20. THIS IS AMAZING FOR YOUR EYES AND EVEN FOR THE REST OF YOUR FACE. 


No comments: