About Me

My photo
Freelance Make Up Artist and Stylist who shuttles between New York, Italy and Dubai, Anna has been in the Make Up industry since 1996. She trained under Mario Dedivanovic and Scott Barnes in NYC and has a certificate for Hairstyling from Cinema Make Up School A true lover of all the elements of Fashion, she studied Fashion Design and Styling at the prestigious Istituto Europeo Di Design in Milan, Italy.

Monday, May 14, 2012

ALL ABOUT BRUSHES: ABOUT FACE!

Hi Lovelies! :) How was your weekend? I was completely knackered! Last Friday, I participated in the dance mob organised by Fitness First at the Burj Steps. Can you guess what we danced? THRILLER!!! It was very hot but I have to admit that I had soooo much fun! I would definitely sign up again :)

Saturday was yet another busy day for me. I had an early call time at 0800 to shoot with the talented Fatinizia. She is a Columbian singer based in Dubai and she simply rocks! She is nothing like Shakira except for that sexy Columbian allure that they both exude, Fatinizia is a rocker by heart. Her songs, aside from great lyrics has got a catchy tunes that will definitely get you stomping your feet. :) Will talk about the shoot on a another post.

Anyway, did I digress?! Something that I seem to be fond of doing! So soooorry! Got a query regarding brushes through BBM and since all my brushes were out and clean, I decided to to this post ahead of all the others that I am scheduled to do.

This is not a post on my favourite brushes rather about the basic brushes that an aspiring Make Up Artist should have in his or her kit.

So, lovelies, hope you are all having an amazing Monday evening and hope you like this post. :)

Love and Light,
A

FACE BRUSHES

WE WILL GO FROM MY LEFT TO RIGHT
WHEN YOU ARE STARTING YOUR MAKE UP ARTIST KIT, IT IS IMPORTANT TO INVEST IN GOOD BRUSHES. 

NUMBER ONE: THEY WILL BE WITH YOU FOR A LONG TIME GIVEN THAT YOU TAKE GOOD CARE OF THEM. SO, THEY ARE WORTH THE INVESTMENT

NUMBER TWO: THE GOOD BRUSHES ACHIEVE RESULTS. THEY MAKE YOUR JOB EASIER.

STARTING FROM THE LEFT.
SIGMA POWDER BRUSH F30: THIS IS ESSENTIAL IN SETTING YOUR FOUNDATION.

SIGMA STIPPLING BRUSH F50: I FIND USING THE STIPPLING BRUSH MAKES ANY FULL COVERAGE FOUNDATION LOOK NATURAL, LESS THICK AND MORE LIKE YOUR REAL SKIN.

I SOMETIMES USE THIS FOR BLUSH TOO.

MAC CONTOUR BRUSH 168: THIS ANGLED BRUSH MAKES CREATING CHEEKBONES A BREEZE. THIS CAN ALSO DOUBLE AS A BLUSHER BRUSH WHEN YOU WANT TO CREATE UBER SCULPTED LOOKS REMINISCENT OF THE 80'S.

SIGMA F60 BRUSH:THIS IS ANOTHER GREAT LIQUID FOUNDATION BRUSH.

MAC 224 BRUSH: I USE THIS TO BLEND MY CONCEALER, I ALSO USE THIS WHEN I NEED TO POWDER SMALL AREAS OF THE FACE AND WHEN I WANT TO LEAVE THE SKIN UNPOWDERED AND DEWY.

MAKE UP FOREVER 5N BRUSH: AS YOU CAN SEE, THIS HAS BEEN USED A LOT, THUS, THE SILVER COATING OF THE HANDLE IS GONE. I HAVE A LOT OT SYNTHETIC CONCEALER BRUSHES BUT BY FAR, MUFE'S 5N IS THE BEST FOR ME. THE TIP IS ANGLED IN SUCH A WAY THAT HARD TO REACH AREAS WILL BE MORE ACCESSIBLE TO CONCEAL. MOST CONCEALER BRUSHES HAVE ROUND TOPS, IT MAKES YOU MISS SOME AREAS.

MAKE UP FOREVER 2S BRUSH: I HAVE LOOKED EVERYWHERE FOR A BRUSH LIKE THIS, HOWEVER, I HAVE NOT FOUND ANY THAT CAN SPOT CONCEAL AS BEST THIS MUFE 2S BRUSH. I LOVE THIS BRUSH!

INGLOT DOUBLE SIDED BRUSH: TO THOSE WHO HAVE ATTENDED MY WORKSHOPS, THEY WOULD KNOW JUST HOW MUCH I ADORE THIS BRUSH.
THE SHAPE OF THIS BRUSH IS THE PERFECT SIZE FOR THE APPLES OF YOUR CHEEKS. 

THIS, FOR ME SERVES FOR PURPOSES. THIS CAN POWDER, THE OTHER SIDE CAN BLUSH.

THE TAPERED PART IS PERFECT FOR CONTOURING THE CHEEKS, TEMPLES AND YOUR JAWS. WHEN YOU CLEAN IT, IT CAN ALSO BE USED AS A HIGHLIGHTER BRUSH.

THIS LANDS IN MY TOP 3 FACE BRUSHES.

EVERYDAY KABUKI BRUSH: THIS BRUSH HAS THE PERFECT DOME SHAPE TIP WHICH MAKES HIGHLIGHTING EASY. IT ABSORBS SO MUCH PRODUCT. 

LAST BUT NOT THE LEAST,
NARS' YACHIYO KABUKI BRUSH: FOR 50 USD, THIS BRUSH SHOULD WIELD MIRACLES! LOL! AND FRANCOIS NARS DID NOT FAIL.

THIS IS ONE OF THE MULTI TASKED BRUSHES THAT, THOUGH EXPENSIVE, YOU JUST GOT TO HAVE IT KIND OF A BRUSH.

IT IS EXTREMELY SOFT, THE SHAPE IS PERFECT FOR THE CHEEKS, THE TAPERED TIP WORKS WELL WITH CONTOURING, EVEN ON THE SIDES OF THE NOSE. I HAVE ALSO USED THE TIP FOR HIGHLIGHTING.


MY FACE BRUSHES 
THIS HAS MOSTLY NATURAL HAIRED BRUSHES.


MY FACE BRUSHES
THIS BRUSH ROLL MOSTLY HAS SYNTHETIC BRUSHES.


No comments: