About Me

My photo
Freelance Make Up Artist and Stylist who shuttles between New York, Italy and Dubai, Anna has been in the Make Up industry since 1996. She trained under Mario Dedivanovic and Scott Barnes in NYC and has a certificate for Hairstyling from Cinema Make Up School A true lover of all the elements of Fashion, she studied Fashion Design and Styling at the prestigious Istituto Europeo Di Design in Milan, Italy.

Monday, April 16, 2012

PRODUCT REVIEW: BENEFIT HELLO FLAWLESS FOUNDATION

Hi Everyone! It has been a while since my last product review, there are in fact a lot of products that I am so excited to share with you, so stick around. :)

I am not sure if you guys are aware but I am a sucker for foundations - drugstore, department store, PRO, high def, creme, name it, I bought it! I cannot begin to tell you how important a flawless base is but I am sure that my students know that I will not make them move to the next level if I am not happy with their foundation application. 

So, it comes as no surprise that my 1st Product Review after a long hiatus is a foundation. :)

Benefit's Hello Flawless Oxygen WOW Brightening Make Up (Whew! What a long name!) is an Oil Free Foundation with SPF 25. It comes in an industrial strength plastic bottle with a pump and for AED 149 (+/- 43 USD) you get 30 ML of amazing product. 

The fact that this foundation has SPF 25 is enough for me to  buy it but when I opened it and it didn't smell of anything, I was 50 percent sold. I do not easily believe all the words that I read about a product, most especially on cosmetics. I have to try it and see for myself. This foundation claims to brighten - the word 'brighten' and its derivatives are very marketing oriented, so I was kind of prepared to get disappointed.

I only pumped out a small amount of product on my hand, dabbed it on my T-Zone and I spread it evenly on my face. I was not disappointed. Benefit's claim to 'brighten' was justified. I was impressed. However, like the Doubting Thomas that I am, I had to subject it to some tests. 

Like all the other foundations that I have bought, tried and tested, Benefit's Hello Flawless had to go through the 'no retouching test' and just today Hello Flawless went through the 'I went to the gym and sweat myself out' test! lol! And it passed with flying colours! :)

Like with all my product reviews, I also try and see where the product can use some improvement, after all, we need to be objective. It is sad that the range of colours is not as extensive as other make up brands.

I used the Hello Flawless Foundation  for 3 days.  Have a look at the unretouched photos, remember my review before hitting the make up counter and should you decide to purchase this wonder, be prepared to be WOWED! :)

Love and light,
A


1st Day using Benefit's Hello Flawless Foundation.
Impressed but needs to be tested.

2nd Day was the 'no retouching till the day is over' test!
Passed with flying colours.

3rd Day was still the 'no retouching' test
and later in the day.....

The 'I went to the gym and sweat my heart out' test. hehehehe!
I am WOWED!

No comments: