About Me

My photo
Freelance Make Up Artist and Stylist who shuttles between New York, Italy and Dubai, Anna has been in the Make Up industry since 1996. She trained under Mario Dedivanovic and Scott Barnes in NYC and has a certificate for Hairstyling from Cinema Make Up School A true lover of all the elements of Fashion, she studied Fashion Design and Styling at the prestigious Istituto Europeo Di Design in Milan, Italy.

Friday, April 27, 2012

LAID BACK BEAUTY

I can't wait for the weekend to begin! lalalalala! So, ladies and maybe a few gents, the work week is finally over and Thursday concludes our 5 minute beauty routine, however, I will be making a summary of all the products that I personally think are great for the ladies who are always on the go, so, we don't have any more EXCUSES for looking like we all just rolled out of bed when we are supposed to be looking our best as we tackle our various roles as women of the 21st Century. Remember, we have a huge responsibility as women, we are mothers (like me and our kids look up to us.), we are daughters, sisters, wives etc etc and we who says we have to play our various demanding roles with dark circles when we have concealer and blush and high heels? 

Anyway, did I digress. Allow me to finish this post. This look I think took me less than 5 minutes. Very basic, I did not even apply liner.What I wanted really was to concentrate on the making the skin look great and glowing. So, I hope that you guys still like this look even though it is very simple.

Love and Light,
A

LET'S GO BACK TO BASICS FOR THURSDAY

1ST PHOTO TAKEN BEFORE HEADING OUT

2ND PHOTO TAKEN WITH NATURAL LIGHT

3RD PHOTO WAS TAKEN I THINK AROUND 7PM.

I WANTED THE USE COLOURS THAT ARE NATURALLY FOUND ON THE FACE, KIND OF MONOCHROMATIC.

FOR THE BASE

I APPLIED A SMALL AMOUNT BENEFIT'S POREFESSIONAL ALL OVER MY FACE. 

TIP: DON'T PILE ON THE PRODUCTS, THINKING THAT IT WILL BE MORE EFFECTIVE, INSTEAD APPLY IT ON AREAS WHERE YOU THINK YOU NEED IT MOST AND YOU CAN SKIP THE OTHER AREAS. 

I EVENED OUT ANY DISCOLORATION WITH MAC'S STUDIO SCULPT CONCEALER.

TO GIVE MY SKIN THE GLOW THAT I WANTED, I APPLIED BENEFIT'S SUN BEAM WITH MY RING FINGER ON THE APPLES OF MY CHEEKS, A LITTLE ON THE FOREHEAD AND CHIN.

WITH MAC'S CREME COLOUR BASE IN PEARL, I HIGHLIGHTED MY CHEEK PLANE, BRIDGE OF THE NOSE. 

I POWDERED WHERE IT IS NEEDED AND WITH MAC'S 109 BRUSH I APPLIED NARS' BRONZER IN LAGUNA ON THE APPLES OF MY CHEEKS, TEMPLES, A LITTLE ON THE FOREHEAD, TIP OF THE NOSE AND CHIN.

FOR THE EYES AND BROWS

MY BROW'S CONSTANT COMPANION, BENEFIT'S BROW ZINGS IN LIGHT AND SIGMA'S ANGLED BRUSH.

TO PROVIDE SOME SHEEN ON MY LIDS I APPLIED SOME OF BENEFIT'S SUN BEAM ON MY LIPS AND THEN MAC'S CREME COLOUR BASE ON MY BROW BONE. 

I CURLED MY LASHES AND APPLIED 2 COATS OF RIMMEL'S MASCARA ON MY TOP AND BOTTOM LASHES.

FOR THE LIPS

MOISTURISED LIPS THEN LINED IT WITH MAC'S CREAMEOLA AND I USED NYX'S NUDE LIP PALETTE.

THE ONE I AM WEARING IS THE 1ST ONE ON THE LEFT.

No comments: