About Me

My photo
Freelance Make Up Artist and Stylist who shuttles between New York, Italy and Dubai, Anna has been in the Make Up industry since 1996. She trained under Mario Dedivanovic and Scott Barnes in NYC and has a certificate for Hairstyling from Cinema Make Up School A true lover of all the elements of Fashion, she studied Fashion Design and Styling at the prestigious Istituto Europeo Di Design in Milan, Italy.

Monday, April 9, 2012

ADELE AT THE GRAMMY'S

This woman is simply phenomenal! I think I watched her Grammy performance more than I have watched Madonna's Elizabethan performance of Vogue in MTV Video Awards (believe me it is a lot!) 

Aside from a stellar performance, Adele was stunning that evening, sporting two looks that echoed Vintage Glamour and it should come as no surprise that I am doing a look inspired her two looks at the Grammy's. This post is rather late, sorry about that.

So, roll with me in the deep and let's get this look started. :)

Love and Light,
A
THE SKIN
JUDGING FROM ADELE'S PHOTOS, SHE SEEMED TO HAVE BEEN WEARING A FULL COVERAGE FOUNDATION.
I ALSO NOTICED THAT HER CONTOURING WAS EXCEPTIONAL, HOWEVER, THERE WAS HARDLY ANY SHIMMERING HIGHLIGHT.
(YES, YOU CAN HIGHLIGHT WITHOUT THE SHIMMERING GOOD STUFF. :-))

THE FACE
I USED REVLON'S COLOR STAY FOUNDATION ALL OVER MY FACE.
IF YOU WILL NOTICE (I HOPE YOU GUYS DO AND FOR THE PURPOSE OF THIS BLOG POST, I MADE EXTREMELY NOTICEABLE) THAT MY CHEEK PLANE IS SIGNIFICANTLY WHITER THAN THE REST OF MY FACE.
I DID THIS TO CONCEAL AND AT THE SAME TIME HIGHLIGHT THE AREAS OF MY FACE THAT NEEDED IT.
DOING THIS ALSO LIFTS THE FACE, GIVING YOU THE KIM K. LOOK.

THE BROWS AND EYES
CAN I JUST MENTION THE CHEEK PLANE AGAIN? HEHEHE. DO YOU GUYS SEE IT?
ANYWAY, DID I DIGRESS, BECAUSE I COLOURED MY HAIR RED, I USED A MEDIUM BROWN BROW PENCIL AND ELONGATED IT A BIT.
FOR THE SHADOW, I STARTED WITH URBAN DECAY'S PRIMER POTION.
THE FIRST COLOUR WHICH I PLACED ON MY LID IS AN IVORY SHADE WITH A LITTLE SHIMMER.
FOR THE CREASE COLOUR, I USED A MATTE SALMONY SHADE AND BLENDED.

THE EYES
I USED A BLACK LIQUID LINER FOR THE TOP LASH LINE. 
NOW, FOR THE LOWER LASH LINE, I CONCENTRATED ON GETTING MORE COLOUR ON THE OUTER CORNERS OF THE EYE.
I LINED MY WATER LINE WITH A WHITE PENCIL.
APPLIED MY FALSE LASHES AND COATED MY BOTTOM LASHES WITH MASCARA.

THE EYES
A CLOSER LOOK

THE LIPS
I LINED MY LIPS WITH MAC'S BRICK LIP LINER AND FILLED IT IN WITH MAC'S RUBY WOO.


ADELE'S RED CARPET LOOK

ADELE'S PERFORMANCE LOOK
I USED MY URBAN DECAY NAKED PALETTE 1 FOR THIS LOOK.
I APPLIED THE BLACK SHADOW ON THE OUTER V AND BLENDED. 
ONCE BLENDED, I APPLIED THE DARK BLUE SHADE OVER IT AND BLENDED.


FOR ADELE'S PERFORMANCE LOOK, I KEPT THE LIPS PALE AND LET THE EYES BE THE MAIN ATTRACTION.





No comments: