About Me

My photo
Freelance Make Up Artist and Stylist who shuttles between New York, Italy and Dubai, Anna has been in the Make Up industry since 1996. She trained under Mario Dedivanovic and Scott Barnes in NYC and has a certificate for Hairstyling from Cinema Make Up School A true lover of all the elements of Fashion, she studied Fashion Design and Styling at the prestigious Istituto Europeo Di Design in Milan, Italy.

Friday, April 27, 2012

5 MINUTES TO FLAWLESS WITH BB CREAM

Hello Beautiful People! It is weekend in Dubai already and got loads to stuff to do.  Pre Production meeting tomorrow,4 to 5 more blog posts to do before we enter the Merry Month of May. :) So, what are you guys planning to do this weekend? Whatever it is, hope you all this 2 day break, rest, relax and rejuvenate. :)

I was introduced to the wonderful world of BB Creams (AKA Blemish Balm Cream) by my good friend, D. She handed me a tube of BB Cream from Missha and said, "bb girl (we call each other that) want to 'makinis' (this means flawless in our language) you got to try this!' And I was not disappointed. :)

When I posted the photo on Facebook, so many people asked what a BB cream is and for the benefit of some people who may not know yet, the BB Cream was made for the skin of people who underwent laser treatments and surgery.Aside from protection, it also wast meant to provide some kind of coverge.

The BB Cream that I personally use is from Missha and it is in fact one of the leading manufacturers of the BB cream. Though it is an Asian brand, I am very happy that they have stores in Dubai. I like this brand because it has some sparkle in it, not so much that you end up looking like a 'Cullen" but enough to make you glow. Worn with just a concealer, it is perfect for the hot months of Summer. Worn as a base under any type of foundation, it can rival the effect of the airbrush. As far as I know because it was meant to protect the skin after laser surgery, all BB Creams multi-tasks. It moisturises, covers and protects your skin from the harmful UV Rays of the Sun. Missha has SPF 27 and though I prefer using products which are fragrance free, I kind of like the scent that Missha has.

What used to be an Asian Beauty Secret has already penetrated the Western Beauty World as top Cosmetic Companies have started releasing their own versions of the BB Cream. To date, I know Estee Lauder has released their own. I have yet to try it to see if it comes close to the Asian formulations.

So, I hope that this post shed some light on the BB cream and I do encourage all of you to try it out for this season and let know what you think. :)


Love and Light,
A

FLAWLESS TILL AFTER WORK WITH MISSHA BB CREAM

FOR THE BASE

I APPLIED MISSHA BB CREAM ALL OVER MY FACE WITH JUST MY JUST FINGERS

(TIP: THE WARMTH OF YOUR FINGERS  BREAKS DOWN THE INGREDIENTS OF ANY FOUNDATION/BASE THAT YOU APPLY, MAKING IT BLEND/MELT INTO YOU SKIN LIKE ITS YOUR OWN. SO DON'T FRET IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A FOUNDATION BRUSH.)

AGAIN, USING MY RING FINGER, I EVENED OUT ANY DISCOLORATION UNDER THE EYES, AROUND THE NOSE AND CORNERS OF MY MOUTH WITH MAC'S STUDIO SCULPT CONCEALER.

WITH MAC'S 109 BRUSH I POWDERED THE AREAS WHERE I GET OILY AND AS USUAL I LEFT MY CHEEKS UNPOWDERED.

FOR THE EYES AND BROWS

I DEFINED MY BROWS WITH BENEFIT'S BROWZINGS IN LIGHT WITH MY SIGMA ANGLED BRUSH.

WITH MY RING FINGER I APPLIED MAC'S PAINT POT IN INDIANWOOD ON MY LIDS AND FOR MY BROW HIGHLIGHT I APPLIED NARS COPACOBANA.

TO DEFINE MY EYES, I LINED MY UPPER LASH LINE WITH MAC'S SPARECHANGE LINER AND ON THE LOWER LASH LINE I CONCENTRATED ON THE OUTER CORNERS.

TO BRIGHTEN MY EYES, I APPLIED MUFE'S WHITE EYE LINER ON MY WATER LINE.

I CURLED MY LASES AND APPLIED TWO COATS OF MASCARA ON MY TOP AND BOTTOM LASHES.

FOR THE LIPS

I MOISTURISED WITH DERMALOGICA'S CLIMATE CONTROL LIP TREATMENT THEN LINED MY LIPS WITH L'OREAL'S MILK CHOCOLATE LINER THEN FILLED IT IN MAC'S LIP GLASS.

6 comments:

lai said...

will this work for any skin tone? Do you know where I can buy bb cream here in Dubai? Thanks

ANNA DE LEON said...

yes, Lai, this is perfect for any skin tone. Skin food has bb creams and they have shops in Al Ghurair and DFC. Missha apparently is finishing their stock and will close shop in Dubai.

Rem said...

Hi Anna, heared BB cream from my friend in Canada. She's using Innisfree there, what's the best BB cream you can suggest? Hey! happen to read your blog about BB cream. I am just curious about your friend "D". just got a feeling she's the same D i knew, Is she a photographer with DG as her initials?

BB Cream Girl said...

Hi Anna,
The Missha store has closed down now, but I have Missha as wel as other Korean brands in my Dubai BB Cream store - www.thebbcreamgirl.com

I hope you try them out :)

Anonymous said...

where do you buy that and for how much because i'm dying to have one :) because my skin is irritated when i'm using foundation

Anonymous said...

hi anna, it seems that they stopped selling missha bb cream in dubai:( i've been raving to buy this item hoping that my skin will look better and hide my blemishes. do you have any suggestion where can i buy it online with authentic quality? thanks in advance..