About Me

My photo
Freelance Make Up Artist and Stylist who shuttles between New York, Italy and Dubai, Anna has been in the Make Up industry since 1996. She trained under Mario Dedivanovic and Scott Barnes in NYC and has a certificate for Hairstyling from Cinema Make Up School A true lover of all the elements of Fashion, she studied Fashion Design and Styling at the prestigious Istituto Europeo Di Design in Milan, Italy.

Monday, April 23, 2012

5 MINUTE BEAUTY DAY ONE

This week I decided to challenge myself to 'put on my corporate face' in 5 mins (or maybe 6 lol!) In a way, I would like this post to dispute the claims of some women that they just don't have the time to look 'presentable'. I find it hard to believe that even though we have access to so many beauty products and cosmetics, there are a ton of women who still manages to wow me (not in a good way, by the way) with their lack of care for their looks. 

This week will be all about getting pretty, polished and presentable using minimal products and brushes (this is one of the complaints I get, by the way....'I don't have this brush and that brush.... yada yada!' Well, the next 5 looks won't require you a ton of brushes, at least 2 brushes, so NO MORE EXCUSES AND LET US GET PRETTY POLISHED IN 5 MINUTES! :)

Love and Light,

A


FACE: START WITH A CLEAN AND MOISTURISED FACE.
I ALSO MOISTURISED MY LIPS

BASE: FOR DAY 1 I DECIDED TO JUST USE MAC'S STUDIO SCULPT CONCEALER ON MY DARK CIRCLE, SIDES OF MY NOSE AND MOUTH .

USING MY RING FINGER, I APPLIED MAC'S COLOUR CREME BASE IN PEARL ON MY CHEEK PLANE AND BRIDGE OF THE NOSE.

TO ADD COLOUR TO CHEEKS, I USED A BODY SHOP'S BRONZER (IT CAME WITH ITS OWN BRUSH)

I LIGHTLY POWDERED MY FACE
(1ST BRUSH REQUIREMENT)

BROWS: IT IS IMPORTANT TO GROOM YOUR BROWS. FOR THOSE WHO HAVE THICK ONES, JUST GEL IT.

FOR MY BROWS I USED AND ANGLED BRUSH WITH BENEFIT'S BROW ZINGS IN LIGHT AND GELLED IT AFTER.

I DID NOT USE ANY EYE SHADOW FOR DAY 1'S LOOK, INSTEAD I APPLIED MAC'S TEDDY EYE LINER ON MY WATER LINE AND LASH BED AND SMUDGED INGLOT'S GOLD LINER.

I CURLED MY LASHES AND APPLIED 2 COATS OF MASCARA ON MY TOP AND BOTTOM LASHES.

I LINED MY LIPS WITH MAC'S OAK LIP LINER AND APPLIED MAC'S GLOSS IN AMPLE PINK.

PRODUCTS USED
CLARIN'S MOISTURISER
BODY SHOP'S BRONZER
MAC'S STUDIO SCULPT CONCEALER
MAC'S CREME COLOUR BASE IN PEARL
GRAFTOBIAN PRESSED POWDER
BENEFIT'S BROW ZINGS IN LIGHT
MAC'S TEDDY EYELINER, INGLOT'S  EYELINER IN 35
ARCANCIL PARIS' MASCARA
DERMALOGICA'S CLIMATE CONTROL LIP TREATMENT
MAC'S LIPLINER IN OAK AND GLOSS IN AMPLE PINK.

2 comments:

Mia said...

Hey Anna. I love your posts! What do you use for your face cleanser? I have tried Aveda and Kiehls but I still break out. Any suggestions?

ANNA DE LEON said...

Hi Mia :) Thanks for following. When my skin got all moody, I tried all kinds of products until I discovered dermalogica. It is very gentle on the skin and it done wonders for me. I also started using Bioderma to remove my make up. My suggestion is to get the Clean Start Kit from Dermalogica. It comes with a cleanser, an amazing Scrub, toner and a magic potion that makes your break outs disappear! and I am not kidding. This line restored my skin to its original state, perhaps even better. Let me know :)