About Me

My photo
Freelance Make Up Artist and Stylist who shuttles between New York, Italy and Dubai, Anna has been in the Make Up industry since 1996. She trained under Mario Dedivanovic and Scott Barnes in NYC and has a certificate for Hairstyling from Cinema Make Up School A true lover of all the elements of Fashion, she studied Fashion Design and Styling at the prestigious Istituto Europeo Di Design in Milan, Italy.

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

GOT INKED.....FINALLY!

IT'S ME AND MY DAUGHTER

DOUBLE A STANDS FOR MY NAME, ANNA AND MY DAUGHTER'S, ALLYSA

TOP NUMBERS REPRESENTS MY BIRTHDAY

BOTTOM NUMBERS REPRESENTS MY DAUGHTER'S BIRTHDAY



YAY! ALMOST DONE!

MAC MAC AT WORK.


STENCILED AND READY TO GO.


MUST HAVES: CLEAN TOOLS


CLEANLINESS IS IMPORTANT


MY DESIGN FINE TUNED BY AN AMAZING ARTIST, WHO I AM FORTUNATE TO HAVE AS A FRIEND, ELLA ORENCILLO.


It was the year when Guns N' Roses released their Use Your Illusion Albums that I got fixated on getting inked. The anklet of roses that adorned the ankle of Stephanie Seymour was the one that did it for me.


Eons after and I am still ink free! lol! The idea of getting a tattoo was always there, however, since it is not make up that I can easily take off with a make up remover, I had to make sure that whatever will be inked on my body will be something that is significant to me. And then of course, I have to think of the part of my body where I will have it.


Giving birth and being a mother is a life changing experience. I can be a Make Up Artist/Stylist now but decades after I will no longer be doing this, however, I will always be a mom. This was when the design of my tattoo was born. :)


I thank my tattoo artist, Mac Mac for being so patient and for giving me all the tips post inking. :)
















2 comments:

Hell Notes for Beauty™ said...

Same here as far as getting one...still too afraid to get it though.

You're lucky to have found someone to help you create such amazing image. Great job!

ANNA DE LEON said...

I was actually scared too! i told them to give me a shot of tequila! lol! but a cup of coffee helped me through the session. :)