About Me

My photo
Freelance Make Up Artist and Stylist who shuttles between New York, Italy and Dubai, Anna has been in the Make Up industry since 1996. She trained under Mario Dedivanovic and Scott Barnes in NYC and has a certificate for Hairstyling from Cinema Make Up School A true lover of all the elements of Fashion, she studied Fashion Design and Styling at the prestigious Istituto Europeo Di Design in Milan, Italy.

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

FASHION FEATURE







Channel your inner Black Crowes with New Look's Faux Fur Jacket

HM Tank

Gold Snakeskin Jeans from Zara

Aviators from MANGO

Necklaces from New Look

Ring Stylist's Own



Cage Stilletos from Shoemart



The short does get shorter with Zara's Gold Top used as a mini dress

Shoemart's Snakeskin Peep Toe Stilletos

Gold Hoop Earrings from H&M

Gold Bangle from Shoemart





Balmain inspired pieces will always be sexy

Leather mini dress from Forever 21

Studded Open Toed Stilletos from HSF



Hardware Inspired Choker from New Look


Leather and Sequins is OTT. So, what?! hehehe

Leather Pants from ZARA

Sequined Top from New Look

Chanel Bag

Platform Stilletos from New Look


Silver Hoop Earrings from ALDO



Ring: Stylist's Own



After looking at several collections to find inspiration for my first feature, I have decided not to focus on the themes of the designers instead I decided to focus on the multitude of textures that I saw. Your sense of touch will run amuck with the richness of fur, the decadence of leather and cheeky glam of sequins.


Choosing the pieces was half the battle, I felt that choosing the right location to shoot this editorial feature was an integral part in letting the texture of the clothes shine even brighter. I would like to thank my great photographer, Michael Velasco for suggesting that we head to Ras Al Khaimah's ghost town to shoot and to say that I am happy to have seen the contrast is perhaps my understatement of the year. :)


We shot all these rich fabriced clothes in September and to say that it was HAWT is again another understatement! But boy am I glad that we did it! Major thanks to my aunt for accompanying me and for being around to hand me a tissue when the sweat starts trickling down.


Anyway, I am not going to keep this long. I hope you all like my first feature and I'll see you all soon. :)

2 comments:

sede said...

my face would have to be that first pic, so chic!

ANNA DE LEON said...

thanks Sede. :) Glad you liked it.