About Me

My photo
Freelance Make Up Artist and Stylist who shuttles between New York, Italy and Dubai, Anna has been in the Make Up industry since 1996. She trained under Mario Dedivanovic and Scott Barnes in NYC and has a certificate for Hairstyling from Cinema Make Up School A true lover of all the elements of Fashion, she studied Fashion Design and Styling at the prestigious Istituto Europeo Di Design in Milan, Italy.

Thursday, August 4, 2011

MY FORAY INTO THE KITCHEN

BROWNIE IS READY TO BAKE AND CREAM CHEESE ICING AWAITS!

LIFE IS SWEET!

AHHHHH.... MELTED CHOCOLATE.

A DAY OF IMPROVISATIONS.... NO DOUBLE BOILER! NO PROBLEM!

NO ELECTRIC BEATER? NO PROBLEM! I CREAMED BY HAND!
SIFTED THE DRY INGREDIENTS 3 TIMES! MAMA WILL BE SOOOO PROUD!

THE RECIPE FOR TONIGHT'S DESSERT

MAGNOLIA BAKERY.... HOW DO I LOVE THEE???

I was home for the last 2 days recovering from a combination of fatigue and viral pharingitis. No, I was not always singing in the shower, though I do belt out a few hits here and there. lol! I think it was caused by being out and experiencing the glaring heat of Summer in Dubai and then going inside malls and any buildings for that matter who have their Air Conditioning Units on Steriods!

As much as I wanted to post articles that are beauty related, having a runny nose and red eyes prevented me from posting more incriminating photos of myself.

Aside from Make Up and Styling, not a lot of people know of my passion for cooking. I love to cook as much as I love to eat! hehe. This passion runs deep in my family. I used to stay up late with my Mama Nita in her kitchen while she whips out her pots and pans, rolling pins and a myriad of ingredients to make her Sansrival, Swiss Roll, Meringue and so much more goodies!

While I was thinking of what to make for Dinner, Wednesday night, my Magnolia Bakery Cook Book winked at me. It was kind of hard to choose what to make but later decided on Chocolate Brownies with Cream Cheese Icing :)

Here are some photos I took while preparing the brownies :)

No comments: