MS. ISA PASCUL WITH MANILA'S TOP TALENT MANAGER, BOY ABUNDA.
* SEAT OLDER GUESTS AWAY FROM LOUD MUSIC.
* IF YOU HAVE AN OUTDOOR RECEPTION VENUE, HAVE A BACK UP INCASE THE WEATHER GOES AWRY.
* OFFER OTHER SPARKLING DRINKS ASIDE FROM CHAMPAGNE FOR THE TOAST AS SOME GUESTS MAY NOT DRINK ALCOHOL.
* DO NOT GO OVER 5 MINUTES WHEN MAKING A TOAST.
* SO THAT EVERYONE HAS A GOOD TIME, SEAT TEENS TOGETHER, AUNTS AND UNCLES ETC. TRY SEATING GROUPS EITHER BY THEIR RELATIONSHIP OR AGE GROUP.
* IT IS A GOOD IDEA TO HAVE A 'RESERVED' CARD AT THE PARENT'S SEATS. THEY ARE THE ONLY ONES THAT NEED PREFERRED SEATING.
* HAVE A GOOD DJ AND/OR BAND TO KEEP THE CROWD HAPPY ALL THE TIME.
* DON'T SIT BATTLING RELATIVES TOGETHER
* DON'T MAKE GUESTS STAND AROUND BECAUSE YOU ARE AN HOUR LATE.
MOST COUPLES PREFER LAYERS OF CAKES STACKED DIRECTLY ON TOP OF ONE ANOTHER AND FRESH BERRIES, SUGARED FRUITS, SUGAR PASTE FLOWERS AND EVEN FRESH FLOWERS ARE PLACED BETWEEN THE LAYERS TO CREATE A LUSH AND VOLUPTUOUS APPEARANCE.
WHEN CHOOSING A CAKE, FROSTED CONFECTIONS ARE A THING OF THE PAST.
MANY COUPLES FOLLOW THE BRIDAL GOWN'S FABRIC OR DETALING.
ROUND TIERS ARE STILL A FAVOURITE BUT SQUARE, HEXAGON, OCTAGON AND EVEN DIFFERENTLY PAIRED SHAPES ARE GAINING MORE POPULARITY.
DURING THE FOOD TASTING THE COUPLE SHOULD LET THE CATERER KNOW IF THERE IS A CERTAIN INGREDIENT THAT THEY WOULD LIKE TO BE ADDED OR REMOVED FROM A CERTAIN DISH.
FOOD TASTING IS VERY IMPORTANT. THIS ENSURES THE QUALITY OF FOOD THAT THE CATERER WILL BE SERVING IS AS PER THE COUPLE'S EXPECTATIONS.
QUALITY DOES NOT JUST MEAN THE TASTES BUT IT IS ALSO ON HOW THE FOOD IS PRESENTED.
DURING THE FOOD TASTING, THE COUPLE SHOULD TAKE NOTE OF THE CATERER'S HYGIENE LEVELS, PRESENTATION SKILLS, SERVICE, QUALITY OF CUTLERY, CROCKERY, LINEN AND GLASSWARE.
A GREAT MEAL SHOULD BE SIMPLE BUT LUXURIOUS.
YOUR GUESTS WILL NOT REMEMBER THE FOOD NAMES ON THE MENU THAT THEY CANNOT PRONOUNCE. :)
IT WILL BE GREAT TO START A BUFFET STATION WITH A NICE HOT SOUP AND BREAD BASKET.
When I started the June Bride Blog Special weeks ago, I told you ladies and gents that I will be writing about everything ( I hope to cover most ) and anything that is essential to planning your big day.
This post is not beauty or fashion related, but just as important.... The Reception!
I was able to interview Ms. Isa Pascual, the owner of Tropezz House of Catering and she shared very important tips on how to serve a feast on your big day without breaking the bank.
TROPEZZ started in Greenbelt, Makati city and on its 1st year of operations in 2008 made it to Philippine TATLER's Best Restaurants. Seeing the need for more affordable but simple luxurious food for events and corporate groups, TROPEZZ evolved into an events caterer. TROPEZZ focuses on exquisitely delicious cuisine that will leave all of your guests begging for more.
For Reservations and Inquries, please call: +63917 8557109