About Me

My photo
Freelance Make Up Artist and Stylist who shuttles between New York, Italy and Dubai, Anna has been in the Make Up industry since 1996. She trained under Mario Dedivanovic and Scott Barnes in NYC and has a certificate for Hairstyling from Cinema Make Up School A true lover of all the elements of Fashion, she studied Fashion Design and Styling at the prestigious Istituto Europeo Di Design in Milan, Italy.

Friday, June 10, 2011

JUNE BRIDE SPECIAL: GOLDILOCKS SAYS I DO


THE FINISHED LOOK.
HOPE YOU GUYS LIKE IT! :)

THE HAIR
YOU CAN PIN ONE SIDE AND LEAVE THE OTHER HANGING.
FOR A GARDEN WEDDING, YOU CAN PIN FLOWERS ON THE SIDE THAT YOU HAVE PUT UP FOR THAT SPRING/SUMMER FEEL.

THE HAIR
I TOOK RANDOM SECTIONS OF MY HAIR AND CURLED IT WITH BABYLISS CURLING IRON.
THE IDEA IS TO MAKE YOUR HAIR LOOK TOUCHABLE.

THE LIPS
I DEFINED MY LIPS WITH MAC'S SPICE LIPLINER AND FILLED IT IN WITH L'OREAL'S GLAM SHINE CRYSTALS IN BRONZE STRASS.


THE LASHES
I CURLED MY LASHES AND APPLIED TWO COATS OF L'OREAL'S DOUBLE EXTENSION MASCARA ON MY UPPER AND LOWER LASHES.
MAKE SURE TO COMB THROUGH BEFORE YOU APPLY THE SECOND COAT.

THE EYES
I USED MAC TEDDY ON THE LASH BED BUT INSTEAD OF DRAWING A STRAIGHT LINE, I SIMPLY DOTTED THE OUTLINE OF MY EYESHAPE. THIS IS THE KEY TO DEFININING WITHOUT MAKING IT LOOK TOO HARSH.
I ALSO APPLIED THE SAME LINER ON MY WATER LINE AND LIGHTLY SMUDGED IT ON THE LOWER LASH LINE.
TO SOFTEN THE LOOK, I APPLIED INGLOT'S SOFT PRECISION LINER IN 35 ON TOP OF MAC TEDDY.

THE EYES
I APPLIED BOURJOIS LIQUID EYESHADOW IN GOLD ON MY ENTIRE EYE ALL THE WAY TO MY LOWER LASH LINE.
WITH A MAC 239 BRUSH I APPLIED EVERYDAY MINERALS EYESHADOW IN OASIS ON MY LID, PACK ON THE SOME COLOUR ON THE TEAR DUCTS.
I ALSO APPLIED SOME SHADOW ON MY LOWER LASH LINE
FOR CONTOURING THE CREASE, ALWAYS USE A MATTE SHADE.
FOR THIS LOOK, I APPLIED A MATTE BROWN SHADOW FROM COASTAL SCENTS' NEUTRAL PALETTE WITH A MAC 217 BRUSH.
BLEND.
FOR THE BROW BONE HIGHLIGHT I USED A LIGHT GOLD SHADE FROM NYX BRONZE GODDESS PALETTE AND I TOPPED IT OFF WITH THE SHIMMER WHITE ALSO FROM COASTAL SCENTS' NEUTRAL PALETTE.
I USED TWO SHADES FOR THE BROW BONE HIGHLIGHT SO IT WON'T LOOK TOO HARSH IN DAY TIME.

THE BROWS
I USED SEPHORA'S LIGHTEST BROW PENCIL TO DEFINE MY BROWS AND I TOPPED IT OFF WITH BENEFIT BROWZINGS IN LIGHT.
TO KEEP MY BROWS IN PLACE, I APPLIED A THIN COAT OF MIKYAJY'S BROW GEL.

THE BASE
I USED COASTAL SCENTS' CONCEALER ON MY DARK CIRCLES, SOME MINIMAL REDNESS AROUND THE NOSE AND MOUTH.
FOR THE HIGHLIGHT, I APPLIED NARS' MULTIPLES IN COPACOBANA ON MY CHEEK PLANE, BRIDGE OF THE NOSE AND THE PEAKS OF MY UPPER LIP.
TO SET ALL CREAM PRODUCTS I DUSTED MY FACE WITH MUFE'S HIGH DEFINITION POWDER.
I APPLIED EVERYDAY MINERALS' BLUSH IN RAW SUGAR ON THE APPLES OF MY CHEEKS.
FOR ADDITIONAL HIGHLIGHT, I DUSTED SMASHBOX HALO ON MY CHEEKPLANE AND ON THE BRIDGE OF MY NOSE.

START WITH A CLEAN BASE.
I WASHED MY FACE WITH CLEARASIL ULTRA DEEP PORE TREATMENT WASH.
I FOLLOWED IT WITH DERMALOGICA'S MULTI ACTIVE TONER.
TO COMBAT REDNESS, I USED CLINIQUE'S REDNESS SOLUTIONS URGENT RELIEF CREAM.
FOR THIS LOOK I USED MAKE UP FOREVER'S HIGH DEFINITION LINE STARTING WITH THE PRIMER. I ALLOWED IT TO SET FOR A COUPLE OF MINUTES BEFORE APPLYING MUFE'S HIGH DEFINITION FOUNDATION.

Hi Everybody! Hope everyone is having a great weekend... for those who are based in Dubai. For everyone based overseas hope you guys have grand plans for the weekend. :)

This is my 1st look for the June Bride Special and after minutes of brainstorming with Hunny, finally settled on entitling this look Goldilocks Says I Do, not because I am blonde but because I chose Gold as the base for this look.

Most of the time when Brides think of a Day Look, they almost always forgo the liner as this often makes your eyes stronger, however, for this post, I decided to use a Kohl liner on the waterline and on the lashbed. The only thing that made it look softer was the application.

So, I hope you ladies and some gents like this post and have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like it very much!