About Me

My photo
Freelance Make Up Artist and Stylist who shuttles between New York, Italy and Dubai, Anna has been in the Make Up industry since 1996. She trained under Mario Dedivanovic and Scott Barnes in NYC and has a certificate for Hairstyling from Cinema Make Up School A true lover of all the elements of Fashion, she studied Fashion Design and Styling at the prestigious Istituto Europeo Di Design in Milan, Italy.

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

RED CARPET READY: THE MAKE UP


MY LOOK FOR THE WOMEN OF SUBSTANCE EVENT

Hi Everyone! I know that this is rather late, however, I am sure that you will find these tips and tricks useful on your next Red Carpet Event.


I was not able to take a Step-by-Step photo of my make up for the event, perhaps next time :)




BE A PAINTER FOR THE DAY

There is nothing more important when you want to look Red Carpet Ready that a fantastic primer. This will enable your foundation to glide on smoothly, it will give your make up the staying power that it needs and it just makes the foundation melt into your skin. :) I used L'Oreal Studio Secrets. I don't want to gush too much about the product on this post, however, you may read my review about it. :)


ACE THE BASE

When choosing the foundation for the big night, one of the things that I consider is the skin type. In my case, I used the KRYOLAN TV Paintstick because I do get oily and since its high definition, I hardly used concealer. :)


LIGHT AND SHADE

To those who have attended my workshops, they know how much I love contouring and highlighting :)

Always use a matte shade when applying contour on the hollows of your cheeks. If you use something shimery, the lights from the cameras will bounce, defeating the purpose of applying contour


To find the apples of your cheeks, simply smile. :) For the event, I opted for a pink blush, NARS Orgasm.


Apply highlight on the cheekplane and sweep it up towards the hairline. I do apply highlight on the bridge of the nose but I skip the tip coz it will look very shiny and oily in photos. Since I decided on wearing a Red Lipsting for the event, I also highlighted my cupid's bow. I used Chez Chez Lame from MAC.


LIP SERVICE

Hydrated Lips is important when you want to look polished, so apply lip balm before you start applying your make up. This will give the lip balm time to be absorbed by your lips. Whether you are wearing a light toned lipstick or a dark toned lipstick, lining it is soo important. Aside from giving your lipstick the staying power that it needs, it defines your lips :) I used MAC's Brick Lip Liner and MAC's Ruby Woo Lipstick.


UP CLOSE AND PERSONAL

Carry a small mirror with you so you can inspect your make up closely. There is nothing worse that seeing an unblended foundation.


And Lastly, Smile :)

2 comments:

Edez said...

I luv how your eyes complimented your lips tint. sometimes I'm afraid of having that on my eyes when wearing red lipstick. I think I tend to look bella flores hahahaha! I know! may be I should practice more :) thanks for the step by step how to :)

ANNA DE LEON said...

thanks Edez :) Have fun with make up and if it does not suit you, you can always wipe it off :)