About Me

My photo
Freelance Make Up Artist and Stylist who shuttles between New York, Italy and Dubai, Anna has been in the Make Up industry since 1996. She trained under Mario Dedivanovic and Scott Barnes in NYC and has a certificate for Hairstyling from Cinema Make Up School A true lover of all the elements of Fashion, she studied Fashion Design and Styling at the prestigious Istituto Europeo Di Design in Milan, Italy.

Thursday, March 31, 2011

RED CARPET READY: THE NAILS


CAN YOU GUYS SEE THE PINKISH TINGE?

BEFORE APPLYING BALLET SLIPPERS

ANNALYN HARD AT WORK

INGREDIENTS TO A LOVELY MANI/PEDI

THE ESSIE ESSENTIALS

WHITE ON WHITE WITH MONOCHROMATIC SHADES OF PINK

Nothing says 'POLISHED' better than groomed nails and this extends to your toes :-) Aside from the face, a man's and a woman's hands are the 2nd thing that I look at followed by their shoes (if they are wearing closed shoes or their feet if they are wearing sandals :-))

When attending special events I recommend ladies to get their nails done just a day before their big day. The chances of you chipping your nail is slightly less as opposed to having it done a 5 days prior.

Also, keep an Apricot Cuticle Oil so that you can apply after taking a bath to keep the cuticles soft. Essie has them you can buy them in all N Bar branches. Moisturising the nail bed and cuticles will prevent your nails from chipping. Try this for a week and see the difference :)

So, for my nails I decided to go for French Tips as I did Red Nails 2 weeks ago... Pouf Daddy from Essie. Annalyn who did my hand did a combination French Tips. She used Waltz after the base coat, applied the white on the tips twice, followed by the Top Coat and then the icing on the cake... Ballet Slippers. The last colour gave my nail a tinge of Baby Pink :)

When it comes to nail care there is only 1 place for me, N Bar in Burjuman. I have been going to this branch of N Bar since 2008 and their service just keeps on getting better. :)

My Nail Technicians, Annalyn and Tessa were amazing as usual. :)


No comments: