About Me

My photo
Freelance Make Up Artist and Stylist who shuttles between New York, Italy and Dubai, Anna has been in the Make Up industry since 1996. She trained under Mario Dedivanovic and Scott Barnes in NYC and has a certificate for Hairstyling from Cinema Make Up School A true lover of all the elements of Fashion, she studied Fashion Design and Styling at the prestigious Istituto Europeo Di Design in Milan, Italy.

Monday, January 17, 2011

PRODUCT REVIEW: REVLON PHOTOREADY

RIMMEL GLAM EYES MASCARA
BRONZE GODDESS BLUSHER
SPICE LIP LINER WITH NYX NEUTRAL LIP GLOSS PALETTE





A CLOSER LOOK AT GLOW THE FOUNDATION GIVES

JUST FOUNDATION, NO CONCEALER

THE BLANK CANVASS

REVLON PHOTOREADY. MY GLOW MAKER

When it comes to Make Up, the most commonly asked question I get is probably, ’How can I get flawless, glowing skin with make up?’ I think I may have found the solution to a lot of women’s questions without breaking the bank. The promise of airbrushed skin under any light is what Revlon’s PhotoReady Foundation is all about. Again, at less than AED 120 (USD), this 30ml Glow Maker Foundation with SPF 20 should secure a spot in(on?) your Vanity Table.

Though it comes in a larger bottle than ColorStay and it comes with a pump, the many positive qualities of this product out weigh its packaging minuses.

I pumped a small amount on my hand and used Sigma’s Stipling brush to apply the foundation on my forehead, a little on my cheeks and my chin. I blended the foundation using a circular motion and the result was a glowing base. It has a hint of shine as you can see in the 1st photo, which is just the foundation, no concealer, no powder, no highlighter. Though it says that it’s oil free, I find the foundation rich enough for women who have dry skin. To achieve the Glowing look, skip the powder. For women who have oily skin, set with a loose powder.

Unlike Color Stay, PhotoReady is Fragrance Free, which is a plus for women who have sensitive skin.

For women who are used to a Full Coverage Foundation, they might find PhotoReady too light for their liking. Though it does provide great coverage, it might take a while before they get used to it. Because of the hint of shine that I noticed after applying the foundation, I thought that I would be oily by mid-day, but I was pleasantly surprised.

To sum it up, PhotoReady is a great foundation for everyday use. Rest assured that you will look great in the office, at the park, at a dinner date, or in a club. After all, it promises airbrushed skin under any light. :)

No comments: