About Me

My photo
Freelance Make Up Artist and Stylist who shuttles between New York, Italy and Dubai, Anna has been in the Make Up industry since 1996. She trained under Mario Dedivanovic and Scott Barnes in NYC and has a certificate for Hairstyling from Cinema Make Up School A true lover of all the elements of Fashion, she studied Fashion Design and Styling at the prestigious Istituto Europeo Di Design in Milan, Italy.

Monday, January 17, 2011

PRODUCT REVIEW: NYX BRONZE GODDESS PALETTE

THE SMOKEY BRONZE GODDESS LOOK
(BLOG POST ON HOW TO RE CREATE THIS LOOK)

THE BRONZE GODDESS NEXT DOOR LOOK
(BLOG POST ON HOW TO RE CREATE THIS LOOK)

THE GLOSSES

THE RIGHT BLUSHERS

THE LEFT BLUSHERS

THE EYESHADOWS - A COLLECTION OF SHIMMER AND GLITTER SHADOWS.

NYX BRONZE GODDESS MAKE UP PALETTE
NYX Products.... Where have you been all my life?!!! I can't believe that I have over looked products from another affordable yet fantastic brand for so long! I guess the saying, "Ignorance is bliss" does not apply to this particular situation. I'd like to thank my Co-Bloggers Alessia D. and Tracy Ley for introducing me to the wonderful world of NYX Products
I purchased the Glitter Palette from NYX before but NYX Bronze Goddess Box is my first 'actual make up' purchase from them and definitely won't be my last.
Who would have thought that a box this small can contain 9 shimmer shadows which mimics the colours of the setting sun during a beautiful summer day, 3 glitter shadows, 6 blushers which you can use for contour and highlight as well as 5 glosses which ranges from light pink to coral to a beautiful nude and caramel? This Palette makes re creating the beautiful bronze glow that J. Lo is so famous for easy and without the extra ka-ching! :)
The 1st stack contains all the shadows and though they are not round but rectangular, I had no difficulty in dipping my MAC 239 Brush as well as the flat shader brush from INGLOT. Being a Bronze Goddess Palette, NYX did not include any Matte shades in the selection of shadows rather kept the shadow selection to shimmers, which is a great idea because is mimics the reflection of the sun on the water (do I sound poetic or what?!) The shadows give you a lot of colour without having to dip your brushes in the product several times. Very pigmented in short. Translation? The product will last longer.
The second stack contains 3 blushers on the left and 3 blushers on the right.
The left selection has this blusher which is kind of a matte soft brown which can be used for contouring, the one on the bottom can be used for highligh and the middle one can used as the blusher. The blush selection on the right does not have a matte shade.
The middle blushers are big enough to accommodate blusher brushes but the top and bottom one are rather small. What I did was I dipped the upper half of my blusher brush on the blush and applied in on the apples of my cheeks sweeping upward, all the way to the hairline.
There are 5 shimmer almost frosted shades of glosses in the Palette but I was able to use 2 of them at the moment. They feel like gloss but certainly looks more like lipstick when applied.
What i wished this palette had are lipliners. Probably instead of putting in those small blusher brushes, they could have included 2 lipliners.
This Palette at AED 119 (USD 32 +/-) is more that just a good buy and is perfect for Spring/Summer, for women who love the Natural look and would like to update it a bit with a littler shimmer here and there. :)








No comments: