About Me

My photo
Freelance Make Up Artist and Stylist who shuttles between New York, Italy and Dubai, Anna has been in the Make Up industry since 1996. She trained under Mario Dedivanovic and Scott Barnes in NYC and has a certificate for Hairstyling from Cinema Make Up School A true lover of all the elements of Fashion, she studied Fashion Design and Styling at the prestigious Istituto Europeo Di Design in Milan, Italy.

Monday, January 24, 2011

PRODUCT REVIEW: BRAUN SATIN HAIR AIRSTYLER WITH IONTEC

BODY AND BOUNCE IS EASY WITH BRAUN SATIN HAIR STYLER WITH IONTEC

BODIFIED AND CURLED BY BRAUN SATIN HAIR AIRSTYLER



IT GIVES YOU THE LIGHT LIFT THAT YOU NEED ON YOUR CROWN AREA AND LOVELY SOFT CURLS.



SORRY FOR NOT WEARING MAKE UP BUT WE GOT TO CONCENTRATE ON THE CROWINING GLORY!


THE FLIP!
TO GIVE IT THE FLIP, ROLL THE ENDS OF YOUR HAIR ON THE ROUND BRUSH IN AN INWARD DIRECTION
TO GIVE YOUR HAIR THE INWARD CURL, WRAP THE ENDS ON THE ROUND BRUSH, IN AN OUTWARD DIRECTION
TO GIVE YOUR HAIR THE BODY THAT IT NEEDS IN SHORT TIME, BEND OVER AND DRY YOUR HAIR. TOOK ME 8 MINUTES TOPS!

START WITH WET HAIR, NO OTHER STYLING PRODUCTS


As a Hair and Make Up Artist, I am always on the lookout for new products which can produce maximum results in minimum time. Recently back from a 3 day wedding in Thailand where I had 2 functions per day which meant I had to do 6 hair and 6 make up looks in 3 days, the bride’s hair certainly needed the time off from styling products and tools. My trusty hair dryer and other tools did their magic but I felt. that it was high time that I look for additional Hair Helpers.

So, to my delight when I received the Braun Satin Hair Airstyler last week. J Many thanks to Impact Porter Novelli for the wonderful product.

The Airstyler is about 30 cm long and comes in black with 2 styling attachments, the round brush and the comb attachment. This product is already available in the market for AED 244 or USD 66 +/-

So, what exactly does this Airstyler do? Most importantly, what is IONTEC? When you purchase the product the manual pretty much explains what it can do. So this post is not about telling you that the round brush can curl and the comb can straighten. This is more about testing it out and finding out whether the product’s claims are true or not.

Upon seeing the product, I thought that it was not ergonomically designed, that women with small hands might not be able to handle the tool well, but since I was able to handle it with ease, and my hands are pretty small, I believe that the design of the handle should not be a problem. The Airstyler is not exactly portable and compact, however, if you are looking for a tool which eliminates having to pack a bulky dryer and a straightener, then this product is for you. This means when you travel, there is extra room for clothes or shoes or presents. J or more shoes. J

The 1st function of the AirStyler that I wanted to test was the hair dryer function. Two points to consider: 1. How fast did it dry my hair. 2. Did my hair look healthy afterwards?

Results: 8 minutes with a flip, there were slight waves on the crown area but not a big deal. My hair looked and felt silky.

Since the attachment that I used for this experiment was the round brush, I felt that the air was distributed evenly unlike when you use a hair dryer where the nozzle is directly on your hair. The even distribution of heat when using any other hair dryer only happens when you have diffuser which not a lot of women have.

The silky look is not just a look. It certainly felt as smooth as as silk because of this technology called IONTEC.

IONTEC is the process of attracting moisture particles from the air during styling to replenish the natural moisture content, thus preventing hair damage commonly experienced from using any other hair dryer.
Now that Valentines is fast approaching allow me and Braun to give you ideas for the fab date with your special someone or hanging out with your girlfriends or simply to just celebrate yourself :)









1 comment:

Shumail Khan said...

Thank God I found a review on this. I am planning to buy this but had a little doubt. Does it make bouncy long lasting curls . I mean just like we make while using a hair drier and with a round brush.
shumailsbeautyandstyle.blogspot.com