About Me

My photo
Freelance Make Up Artist and Stylist who shuttles between New York, Italy and Dubai, Anna has been in the Make Up industry since 1996. She trained under Mario Dedivanovic and Scott Barnes in NYC and has a certificate for Hairstyling from Cinema Make Up School A true lover of all the elements of Fashion, she studied Fashion Design and Styling at the prestigious Istituto Europeo Di Design in Milan, Italy.

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

PRODUCT REVIEW: MAC PRO LONG WEAR FOUNDATION AND CONCEALER

SOMETHING SUITABLE FOR EVERYDAY.


RAW SUGAR FROM EVERYDAY MINERALS ON THE CHEEKS.
SOME GREEN SHADOW AS A LINER.
MAC PRO LONGWEAR CONCEALER AND FOUNDATION IN ACTION





Hi Everyone! Here is another review of one of my purchases during the Eid Holiday because I have been obsessing about Foundations recently, its not surprising that I gave in to the temptation of buying the new release from MAC. The Pro Long Wear Foundation and Concealer.





I got the Foundation in NC 35, its 30ML at AED 150 (around USD 41) and the concealer in NC 35 as well. The concealer comes in a pump and is 9ML at AED 85 (around USD 23).





According to MAC, The Pro Longwear is Medium to Full Coverage and lasts for up to 15 hours. The same claim of Estee Lauder Double Wear. (which is true, by the way)





Let me start the review with the Concealer. It comes in a bottle with a pump. Dont press the pump too much as it will dispense too much. I learned that you don't need much of this product to see results. I like the consistency of the concealer. It is very light but when you apply it on your undereye and just pat it, it conceals seamlessly. It also worked on discolourations, however, since this is in liquid form, make sure to just pat when concealing blemishes or discolouration.





The Foundation has a very light consistency but really covers well. If you compare my photos here and the my photos when I wore Estee Lauder Double Wear Light, you will notice the difference.





The true test came this afternoon when I had to go around town and pay bills, was under the sun, felt the road air (as oppossed to fresh air), went to the mall to pick up some stuff and got a compliment from a Jane Norman sales associate. She said that I still look fresh! :) That was 8pm and I applied my make up at 0730. I did not even powder the whole day coz I forgot my brush and my compact had no sponge! hehehehe. Unretouched for 14 hours! Kudos to MAC!





In a nutshell I personally think that both products are worth buying. The Coverage is fantastic, the staying power is unquestionable and the price is very reasonable :)






















3 comments:

MISS TRACY LEY said...

Ill be purchasing the lipstick versions of this as Ive heard good reviews about them. Im actually done with MAC foundation when I discovered Kryolan,Revlona and Eve Pearl hehe.

p.s Good review by the way

ANNA DE LEON said...

hey Tracy, thanks for dropping by. I will do a review on the Kryolan Paint Stick. It is a fab foundation, I agree with you on this :)

Dose of Simplicity said...

I love this review. I've got a question though.. I'm an NC42 in MAC's Studio Fix Fluid. What shade do you think I should get in Pro Longwear Foundation? Would love to know your suggestion. Thanks so much!