About Me

My photo
Freelance Make Up Artist and Stylist who shuttles between New York, Italy and Dubai, Anna has been in the Make Up industry since 1996. She trained under Mario Dedivanovic and Scott Barnes in NYC and has a certificate for Hairstyling from Cinema Make Up School A true lover of all the elements of Fashion, she studied Fashion Design and Styling at the prestigious Istituto Europeo Di Design in Milan, Italy.

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

PRODUCT REVIEW: ESTEE LAUDER DOUBLE WEAR LIGHT

I USED MAC'S BEURRE LIP LINER AND MAC LIPSTIC IN BLANKETY


I USED EVERYDAY MINERALS BLUSH IN RAW SUGAR AND HIGHLIGTED WITH MAC BLUSH HONESTY.


ESTEE LAUDER DOUBLE WEAR LIGHT FOUNDATION


ESTEE LAUDER DOUBLE WEAR POWDER


MAC PRO LONG WEAR CONCEALER


( I WILL BE REVIEWING THIS)




CLOSE UP ON THE SKIN


ESTEE LAUDER DOUBLE WEAR LIGHT




I am currently obsessed with foundations at the moment. Light, Medium, Full Coverage, Liquid, Cream. Bring it on and Ill try them all! hahaha.



I bought a couple of foundations during the Eid break and the first product that I will be reviewing is Estee Lauder Double Wear Light.



A lot of women have asked me what my favourite foundations are I always say, in no particular order, Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation, Chanel Mat Lumiere and Dior Skin Forever. However, after trying The Double Wear Light, I have to admit that I have a new favourite.



Its AED 171 or USD 46 to USD 50, widely available in department stores.



It seemed unscented and glides on smoothly. Provides full coverage withouth caking you up and though its full coverage and matt, it made my skin glow.



This foundation is ideal for women who prefers full coverage to cover some blemishes without the heavy feeling. It is also great for women who have oily skin. I applied my foundation and 0730 and it it now 1230 in the evening, I did not even retouch the whole day and my skin remained oil free.



If you have dry skin, this can also work for you, provided that you moisturise well.



Downside of this is that there are not much colours for darker skinned women. Hope Estee Lauder produces more colours :)



All in all USD 50 or AED 171 is not such a steep price to pay to flawless looking skin. :)











5 comments:

JillieCat said...

That foundation looks amazing on you! I def. need to try!

ANNA DE LEON said...

Hi JillieCat, it is a must have for any MUA or a make up junkie. :) Let me know what you think.

Anonymous said...

Hello,

What shade are you in the Double Wear Light. I want to purchase this foundation and your skin coloring is similar to mine.

Thank you

ANNA DE LEON said...

Hi! I have Double Wear Light in Intensity 3.0

Anonymous said...

I have read so many articles or reviews regarding the blogger lovers however this piece of writing is truly a pleasant article, keep it up.


Here is my webpage - safe diets