About Me

My photo
Freelance Make Up Artist and Stylist who shuttles between New York, Italy and Dubai, Anna has been in the Make Up industry since 1996. She trained under Mario Dedivanovic and Scott Barnes in NYC and has a certificate for Hairstyling from Cinema Make Up School A true lover of all the elements of Fashion, she studied Fashion Design and Styling at the prestigious Istituto Europeo Di Design in Milan, Italy.

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

CAMEO AT THE FASHION WEEK

WHEN IT DOUBT........ KEEP IT SIMPLE
DRESS: ZARA
SHOES: SPLASH
CLUTCH: SPLASH


WITH THE LOVELY MAYNE T.
HUNNY'S 1ST FASHION WEEK

DROPPED BY NOBU
LOVE THE INTERIORS, THOUGH A LITTLE LUKEWARM ON THE FOOD
FANTASTIC STAFF!

To say that this post is late is probably the understatement of the year! So sorry, but really ladies and gents, got nothing much to post on the Dubai Fashion Week as I went for 1 day.

I was there to simply observe. I also got the chance to catch up with Sangita Raj, the Brand Manager of INGLOT, who was the Make Up Sponsor for the Fashion Week and we discussed the new products, which all Make Up afficionados in Dubai should watch out for. We will have an exclusive on this. Watch this space. :)

I did not watch much of the shows, I people watched. If you have read my post on last season's Fashion Week, I barely touched on the collections, which I think I should be, however, I find that looking at the people who were and are around, can tell so much as to what direction the Fashion Industry of Dubai will take.

Where should I start? hhmmmmm. Kudos to the venue. I love the tent, too big or was there a signaficant decrease in the attendance? Only the people who attended the past shows can tell.

If i cringed at price tags on shoes last season, I cringed and my jaw dropped upon seeing a woman in a pair of tight, white jeans with a majorly Visible Panty Line! Why??????

Fashion Week as it says is about Fashion, however, I cannot understand why some of the people who attended did not even try to conceal their dark circles, let alone brush their hair? Instead they dress up in evening gowns and use a huge Fake Diamond Encrusted Clamp Clip and place it right smack in the middle of their head? Again..... WHY?

I have said it before and I will say it again. Fashion is Art. Art imitates Life and if Fashion will imitate Life in Dubai.... well then, Houston, we have a problem!














OVER AND OUT!





























4 comments:

MISS TRACY LEY said...

I dont think Dubai is ready for fashion, Anna. I mean personally, you dont have to attend fashion shows just to be updated with the latest trends. Vogue magazine can do that for you. People attend fashion show simply for the status and brag. I agree about the looks,I am appalled to see women who cant even put a face on when going out.

ANNA DE LEON said...

yes, Tracy, you are absolutely right about this. Dont think dubai is ready just yet. And about the bragging bit? I don't know whats there to brag about. lol!

Edez said...

wow! you look radiant!

ANNA DE LEON said...

thanks Edez :)