About Me

My photo
Freelance Make Up Artist and Stylist who shuttles between New York, Italy and Dubai, Anna has been in the Make Up industry since 1996. She trained under Mario Dedivanovic and Scott Barnes in NYC and has a certificate for Hairstyling from Cinema Make Up School A true lover of all the elements of Fashion, she studied Fashion Design and Styling at the prestigious Istituto Europeo Di Design in Milan, Italy.

Monday, August 16, 2010

NO MORE FOOTBALLER'S SHOULDERS - SHAPE MONTH SPECIAL

DEEP V
NOTHING IS SEXIER THAN A DEEP V NECKLINE FOR NIGHTS OUT :)
TOP: LOCAL TAYLOR

COWL NECK. THIS PARTICULAR TOP IS MADE OF WOOL, SO IT CAN BE AN ALTERNTIVE TO THE TURTLENECK FOR THOSE COLD WINTER MONTHS.
TOP: NEW LOOK


THE V NECK. THIS IS YOUR BEST FRIEND! :) INVEST IN THESE AND OTHER TOPS AND DRESSES WHICH DIPS LOW (WITHIN REASON) TO EXPOSE SOME SKIN. YOU CAN ACCENTUATE IT WITH A NECKLACE THAT GOES PAST THE COLLAR BONE.
V NECK KNIT TOP: ZARA

THE SCOOP NECK IS ANOTHER NECK LINE THAT YOU SHOULD INVEST IN. ITS SEXY YET CORPORATE.
GRAY KNIT TOP: ZARA

LONG NECKLACES, LARIAT NECKLACES WOULD LOOK BETTER AS OPPOSED TO WEARING THE CHOKER.
NECKLACE: NEW LOOK

CHOKERS. AGAIN, I LOVE CHOKERS BUT THIS ACCESSORY SHORTENS INSTEAD OF LENGTHENING THE NECK.
BLACK V NECK KNIT
TOP: ZARA


THE CARDIGAN OVER THE SHOULDER LOOK, THOUGH LOOKS SO CHIC ON ITALIAN MEN ARE BEST LEFT TO THEM AND THE IVY COLLEGE BOYS.
BLACK KNIT TOP AND CARDIGAN: ZARA

RUFFLED NECKLINES, MANDARIN COLLARS DOES NOTHING TO A SHORT NECK ASIDE FROM MAKING IT EVEN LOOK SHORTER. OTHER NECKLINES TO AVOID WOULD BE BOATNECKS
LONGSLEEVES: ZARA

THE TURTLENECK. I DON'T KNOW HOW TO SAY THIS AS I LOVE THEM TOO, BUT NOTHING SHORTENS THE NECK MORE THAN A TURTLENECK.
IF YOU STILL WANT TO WEAR THE TURTLENECK ESPECIALLY DURING WINTERS, TRY TO HAVE YOUR HAIR OFF YOUR FACE AND STICK TO STUD EARRINGS AS WEARING BIG, LONG AND CHUNKY ONES DO SHORTEN YOUR NECK.
TURTLENECK: ZARA

Like what I said in the beginning of the month, August is all about YOUR SHAPE! I will not go the traditional route by addressing pear, hourglass, boyish shape, but will address particular parts of the body.

I started the month by giving tips on how to make the face slimmer with the right hairstyle, some face slimming make up tips and now I am on to address, probably, a not so common shape issue, which is the neck and shoulders.

I personally have this problem, but, that is not the reason as to why I am doing this first. hehehe. I believe and have come to terms that I do not have a swan like neck and that I have broad shoulders. Having broad shoulders, really, is not so bad, especially, now that most women are wearing very structured coats, we, broad shouldered women, do not need any more shoulder pads.... coz we are naturally have them. hehehehe.

But did I digress.... let me continue by showing you some alternatives on how to elongate the neck by wearing tops which gives you that illusion and which ones to avoid.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I evеry timе spеnt mу half an houг to
гead thiѕ web ѕite's articles everyday along with a mug of coffee.

Feel free to surf to my homepage; tantra london