About Me

My photo
Freelance Make Up Artist and Stylist who shuttles between New York, Italy and Dubai, Anna has been in the Make Up industry since 1996. She trained under Mario Dedivanovic and Scott Barnes in NYC and has a certificate for Hairstyling from Cinema Make Up School A true lover of all the elements of Fashion, she studied Fashion Design and Styling at the prestigious Istituto Europeo Di Design in Milan, Italy.

Monday, July 12, 2010

FOOD FOR THE GODS - ELIA

HEAD DOWN TO ELIA AND INDULGE THIS WEEKEND :)

SOUVLAKI... NO WONDER THEY WERE CALLED GREEK GODS AND GODDESSES!
THEY HAD EXCELLENT FOOD. :)

MY MINE COURSE... MOUSAKA.

APPETISER THAT THE GODDESS OF LOVE WILL RECOMMEND
THE FRIED BREAD IS WORTH THE EXTRA 10 MINUTES IN THE STAIRMASTER! HAHAHA

While having breakfast last Friday I briefly mentioned to hunny about Greek Food and that its been ages since I had some, infact, it was during my 32nd birthday. I told him that there is this Greek Restaurant in Majestic Hotel that was highly recommended by an Executive Chef of one top hotels in Dubai.

Later in the afternoon as I got into the car after the photoshoot, I saw a small piece of paper that says Dinner. So, I opened it but it just says the time and dress code. Hun said that we have dinner reservations etc. but he wont tell me where it is. Was just very happy when I finally realised that we were heading to Elia :)

The restaurant's interiors are very nice. I loved the shabby chicness of the white tables and chairs and the blue and white striped couches.

The waitress who assisted us, Jennifer, was very polite and gave us bits and pieces of the food that she served.

We started dinner with Charcoal Grilled Calamari Stuffed with Tomato and cCeese. Let me tell you that Iam no calamari fan but since that appetizer, Iam now a convert.

For the main course, I finally had my craving..... Moussaka. I love eggplant! Hun had Souvlaki.

As you can imagine with Thursday being a Decadent Desert Day, I decided to skip desert and just had a cup of espresso to end dinner.

Elia over all is amazing except for the fact that I'd wish that the division between the Smoking and Non Smoking is better. It is value for money and quite accessible.

I normally eat sensibly during the week and I do allow myself to indulge a bit during the weekend and dining at Elia is one indulgence that I highly recommend.


No comments: