About Me

My photo
Freelance Make Up Artist and Stylist who shuttles between New York, Italy and Dubai, Anna has been in the Make Up industry since 1996. She trained under Mario Dedivanovic and Scott Barnes in NYC and has a certificate for Hairstyling from Cinema Make Up School A true lover of all the elements of Fashion, she studied Fashion Design and Styling at the prestigious Istituto Europeo Di Design in Milan, Italy.

Monday, February 1, 2010

THE WORLD IS FLAT.... FOR TODAY

A week ago as I was arranging my closet I decided to do an inventory/check up on my shoes, you know, just to see if all the heels are still okay, shine them. You know the drill. After lining them all up, I was shocked to realise that I did not own a single pair of flat shoes (sneakers and flip flops not counted). Is it possible for a woman to own all possible heel heights with an exception of a pair of flats? Looking at my own shoe ‘collection’ and staring at myself in the mirror..... 5 feet flat and all, I realised that yes, it is possible.

So, last weekend I went on a search for my first pair of flat shoes and I was not disappointed. Shopping for flats gives the same high as shopping for stilettos. Animal print, houndstooth with pearls and buckles, bright pinks with rosettes. You are spoilt for choice!!!! But I decided to get a classic pair, black with a buckle from Vincci. Its a good buy, very comfortable as well.

Being a high heel shoe wearing person, I wondered how it would feel to actually wear a pair of flats for the entire day and so I decided to road test them yesterday.

Like everyone in the workforce, I believe we all have our weekend hangover and I was no different from the rest, I overslept and had no time to mix and match my outfit for my ballet flats, so I grabbed a no brainer outfit. Black turtleneck, black cropped pants, belt and my ballet flats. This was not how I intended to break in my new flats but I think the whole ensemble worked together. I kind of remember the outfit of Audrey H. in Funny Face, pardon me though for not wearing Make Up.

So, whats my verdict? Will for sure buy another pair, perhaps in brown but I am not yet a convert... just loving the view at 5 feet flat J

Black Turtleneck: ZARA

Black Cropped Pants: ZARA

Black Belt: Forever 21

Black Ballet Flats: Vincci

White Coat: TRF by Zara

Bag: Louis Vuitton

No comments: