About Me

My photo
Freelance Make Up Artist and Stylist who shuttles between New York, Italy and Dubai, Anna has been in the Make Up industry since 1996. She trained under Mario Dedivanovic and Scott Barnes in NYC and has a certificate for Hairstyling from Cinema Make Up School A true lover of all the elements of Fashion, she studied Fashion Design and Styling at the prestigious Istituto Europeo Di Design in Milan, Italy.

Monday, January 4, 2010

NIGHT SKY

serious, are we.... hehehe. think this suits the make up :)
hmmmm.... maybe a smiling photo wont do for this look. lets try something serious. hehehe

I wiped out the natural colour of my lips with concealer and applied MAC's Gloss Creme Brilliance in Platinum

I kept my brows light purposely I want the focus to be on the eyes.

Curl your lashes and for this look I used Maybelline Colossal Mascara in Black

Using a flat shader brush, apply INGLOT AMC in 23 on the brow bone and on the tear ducts

Using my fingertips, I dabbed the MAC Creme Colour Base in Peal on my lid to give it some sheen

Using the MAC Feline Pencil, line the upper and lower waterline and pull the colour to your lower lash line using a MAC 266 brush.

With the same brush, line the lower lash line with the shimmery black eye shadow.

Using these 4 colours from my INGLOT Freedom Palette, apply the white shadow on the tear ducts.


Using a MAC 217 brush apply the darkest gray on the entire eye lid and with the same brush, trace the lid with the lighter gray. Blend with a clean MAC 217 brush.

Using a MAC 217 brush apply the shimmery black eyeshadow on the outer corners and blend.


Prep the eye are with MAC Paint Pot in Soft Ochre
followed by shading the entire lid with MAC Feline Pencil

MAC Creme Colour Base will make several appearances in this look. First is on my cheekplane and bridge of the nose for highlight.

Again, sorry for the flash, face looks waaay to white. I skipped blush but maintained the contour. As you can see, I am wearing a headband, trying to find a way to grow my hair gracefully. :)

For the base. Whenever I am doing a look that involves dark colours, I normally apply the concealer and powder last. This way, under eye area is clear or any fall outs.


Today, January 4, 2010 marks the opening of Burj Dubai, the tallest building in Dubai and perhaps the world.

Apparently, the fireworks display tonight will be unlike any other and although I was home doing my laundry, I thought, to make a look commemorating this event in between my washing, draining and spinning. :)

Its smokey eye, perfect for parties and red carpet events but I veered away from my usual technique and made the eye make up more 3 dimensional.

4 comments:

JINX said...

Woman... you sre so beautiful...i so glade we dont live close to you... because my husband would be all over you...(LOL) love your style....

fashionjinx.blogspot.com
fashionjinx.blogspot.com
fashionjinx.blogspot.com
fashionjinx.blogspot.com
fashionjinx.blogspot.com

ANNA DE LEON said...

lol!!!! thanks for the visit jinx!

Tina said...

I really love this look on you, especially the eyes! I doubt if I can do this myself, in spite of your detailed instructions ;-)

ANNA DE LEON said...

hi tina, of course you can, practise makes perfect. :)