About Me

My photo
Freelance Make Up Artist and Stylist who shuttles between New York, Italy and Dubai, Anna has been in the Make Up industry since 1996. She trained under Mario Dedivanovic and Scott Barnes in NYC and has a certificate for Hairstyling from Cinema Make Up School A true lover of all the elements of Fashion, she studied Fashion Design and Styling at the prestigious Istituto Europeo Di Design in Milan, Italy.

Friday, December 18, 2009

ACE THE BASE

Blend everything and you are set. :)


Apply contour on the temples, sides of the nose and on the hollows of the cheekbones and blend.
Apply highlight on the bridge of the nose and planes of the cheek.
Lastly, apply a creme blush on the apples of the cheeks.
Apply concealer where it is needed. Under the eye are, around the nose and on the corners of the mouth. I used MAC Studio Sculpt concealer with a Make Up Forever 5N brush and blended the concealer with a MAC 224. I find that blending the concealer with a MAC 224 gives the skin an airbrush look.

Blend your foundation well. I used the MAC 190 SE Brush to spread the foundation and to make sure that it is absolutele even I used my fingers to spread it even more.

If you are using the right shade, you will no longer need to applu foundation on your neck (which is not suppose to be the case. My face looks whiter because of the flash)

Apply Foundation on the forehead, down the bridge of the nose and on the chin. When it comes to foundation, I always say, 'Dont fix what's not broken.' Apply foundation only where its needed. I used MAC's Studio Fix Foundation.


Start with a clean base, cleanse, tone and moisturise your skin. Wait for a few seconds for the moisturiser to set before you apply your foundation.
After that, use a Make Up Base. I used Benefit's That Girl Make Up Base.



Since we have touched up on skin care, the next step is how to fake great skin! Yes, this is where faking it is actually good! lol!!!

First thing that you need to consider is the amount of time that you have every morning to put on your make up. Whenever I am asked about what products I recommend, this is the first thing that I ask, 'Do you have the luxury of time in the morning to put on your make up?' The reason as to why I ask this is because I want to be able to recommend products that will suit the lifestyle of the women who seek my advice. If one lady only has 5 minutes I don't go an recommend her to use a liquid foundation as it takes time to blend, however, will recommend a 2 in one foundation for her.

No comments: