About Me

My photo
Freelance Make Up Artist and Stylist who shuttles between New York, Italy and Dubai, Anna has been in the Make Up industry since 1996. She trained under Mario Dedivanovic and Scott Barnes in NYC and has a certificate for Hairstyling from Cinema Make Up School A true lover of all the elements of Fashion, she studied Fashion Design and Styling at the prestigious Istituto Europeo Di Design in Milan, Italy.

Monday, November 9, 2009

SPRING TRENDS - SHOP IN YOUR OWN CLOSET













The Fashion Capitals recently finished the Spring/Summer 2010 shows and based on the trends for next year, I decided to shop. I know, I know, its recession, so I opted to shop in my own closet. :)I picked some of the trends that I will for sure keep with me for next year.

1. STATEMENT EARRINGS
I used to be not a fan of big earrings but since I chopped off my locks, I kind of figured out that big earrings kind of flatter the short do. So, I was very happy to see statement earring appear in the trend report for Spring. Though my earrings are not as huge as Ms. Paltrows. :)

Photo courtesy of Harper's Bazaar

2. Pencil Skirt/Classic Bag
I think that the pencil skirt is a must have not just for Spring but it should be a closet main stay for all seasons. I personally think that this kind of cut elongates the legs.

Having a Classic Bag that can take you from the office to dinner is a good investment piece not to mention a great heirloom too!

Photo of Carla Sarcozy courtesy of Harper's Bazaar

3. The White Shirt
I am hands down fan of the white shirt. Whatever fabric, cut. Its very versatile. You can dress it up, dress it down. A true Classic! Take Carolina Herrera. She is just divine! For this season I chose this White Blouse from Zara which I bought last year. It does pay to take care of your clothes. First time for me to wear it. My model wore it first before i did :)

White Shirt Photo courtesy of Harper's Bazaar.
Photo of my white shirt on a model courtesy of Mark Cantalejo from A Tale of Two Sister's - Make Up and Styled by yours truly :)

4. Statement Belts
I would not call the statement belts as a trend as these are main stays in my cabinet. The female form is so beautiful so why hideit. Instead accentuate it with a corset set or anything that can the eye's attention to your small waist. You will see that I used a statement belt on the yellow dress. I think without it, the dress would not be as interesting. I have also used another type on another maxi dress and a jumpsuit.

March Jacob's Models photo courtesy of Harper's Bazaar

So, Ladies, open your closet and start shopping! :)

No comments: