About Me

My photo
Freelance Make Up Artist and Stylist who shuttles between New York, Italy and Dubai, Anna has been in the Make Up industry since 1996. She trained under Mario Dedivanovic and Scott Barnes in NYC and has a certificate for Hairstyling from Cinema Make Up School A true lover of all the elements of Fashion, she studied Fashion Design and Styling at the prestigious Istituto Europeo Di Design in Milan, Italy.

Monday, November 16, 2009

THE NEW ROMANTICS IN BLACK AND WHITE









I love finding rare items especially when they are reasonably priced, so, while I was looking at my closet to find something to wear for work, the lace trimmings of two of my skirts caught my attention.I purchased both skirts in a flea market in Manila in 2005 and I am happy to say that they are both still in mint condition.

I though of naming this post as The New Romantics because lace and eyelets always reminds of romance, walks in the field on a sunny day. I think this is the feel that the white ensemble evokes, whereas the black ensemble resonates a little more vintage feel a la stepford, perhaps its the pearl necklace. :)

White Romantic
White Eyelet Top and spaghetti strap inner shirt from Forever 21; Cream Chiffon Skirt bought from a flea market in manila; Brown Wedges from Manila.

Black Romantic
Black Top from Zara, Black Embroidered Skirt from a flea market in manila, Black Pumps from ALDO, Black Bag from Dolce and Gabbana.

No comments: