About Me

My photo
Freelance Make Up Artist and Stylist who shuttles between New York, Italy and Dubai, Anna has been in the Make Up industry since 1996. She trained under Mario Dedivanovic and Scott Barnes in NYC and has a certificate for Hairstyling from Cinema Make Up School A true lover of all the elements of Fashion, she studied Fashion Design and Styling at the prestigious Istituto Europeo Di Design in Milan, Italy.

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

1 ENSEMBLE 5 WAYS








The clock alarmed at 515 and when I looked out the window I could barely catch a glimpse of the sky. It was so dark! Begrudgingly, I dragged myself out of bed and into the shower and it dawned onto me, Summer is really over.

Yellow is perhaps the antithesis of Autumn/Winter... hmm well, maybe when its mustard yellow it can pass for an Autumn Colour, so, what better way to say farewell to the season of sundresses and flipflops, than to wear the colour that says SUMMER.... YELLOW.

I picked my yellowest dress courtesy of The Cabinet Room and paired it with a Black Cardi from Zara. So, while I was putting it all together, another bright idea came to mind. This ensemble can actually be worn in 5 different ways.

1. Tying the cardi high up on your waist ala empire cut.
2. Wearing the cardi backwards (provided the label's stitching is not seen) gives you a boatneck chanelling Jackie O.
3. Backward Cardi with a huge belts gives it an 80's feel
4. And of course doing away with the cardi
5. But the last option was how I actually wore it to work :)

Black and Gold belt from Dragon Mart, Black Peep Toe Sling Backs from Michele Lopriore, Bag from Dolce and Gabbana and Glasses from Prada

So, why dont you try and see how you can maximise an ensemble. You'd be suprised :)

4 comments:

MELISSA Z. said...

I love your blog!

Visit my new blog www.abitoffashion.com and, if you want, leave some comments! Thanks

ANNA DE LEON said...

Ciao Melissa! I will drop by :) Grazie!

mosha said...

love your sense of style ..
xX

ANNA DE LEON said...

thanks Mosha. Glad you like it :)